Random Music Thoughts V

Mike

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That does change the meaning of the song, since there are now multiple devils. The power of the apostrophe!

My thought:

"Hip Hop Hooray" by Naughty By Nature is the most risqué song you can still play in a family-friendly environment like a minor league baseball game. Unless the kitten in the song really is a baby cat.

My favorite thing to do is ask people if they know what the second P in "OPP" stands for, and when they say they don't know or guess incorrectly....I love the looks on their faces when I tell them. Suddenly they don't want to act all hard and say "You down with OPP? Yeah you know me" anymore. :laughing:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I meant the ones who actually play with only two people (like the White Stripes) cuz a bunch of the others had(have) about 3 or 4 other band members who pop in and out. Studio drummer, stage drummer etc.

I don't know enough about them but maybe even the Stripes hire a stage bassist to fill out their sound a bit on tour. I can't imagine one guitar can shake the foundations of a city arena (unless wielded by Angus Young!)

My question wasn't quite worded properly. :tongue:

You are a genius Carl! I knew this site orbitted around you for a reason. I forgot about them, they actually do everything without outside help. I knew there had to be a band that did it or are doing it now. Thanks dude!

Nice seeing you again too! :bow: :thumbsup:

Farin, I love these kids! Blood Red Shoes rock! :rockon:

Where do you come up with these bands? I love it!

TimLizzy, I'm gonna be sure to find what I can about those first two... I had Daft Punk in my head too, but not sure where I'm drawing the line yet :tongue:

Thanks Rocky! I was just trying to find out if they play as just a duo... you just answered that for me! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Seems like there are more and more recently. Can't find any old ones though...

It's cool how full the sound is even though these bands only use 1 guitar. Those pedals and amps have come a long way! :grin:

Farin, I love these kids! Blood Red Shoes rock! :rockon:

Where do you come up with these bands? I love it!

Either here (if I remember correctly Séba first posted a link that I noticed)

or via Last.fm (eg Garage Rock radio) EDIT: Sorry, I forgot you were from Canada... unfortunately the radios are a subscription-only feature there :P

Edited by Guest
I wrote a reason for my Edit in the text, curiously following a "EDIT:"... strange, I know

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...