Random Music Thoughts V

Mike

I made an original/covers playlist in my iTunes today, mostly to match up some of the blues songs I obtained recently with the rock equivalents that I already know, but also because I'm a music nerd and that's the kind of thing that's fun for me to listen to. It's interesting how often songs get reinterpreted; just in my music collection alone (which only numbers about 8600 songs at the moment) I was able to find 290 songs for this list. I have four different versions of Dancing In The Street (Vandellas, Mamas and the Papas, Bowie/Jagger, and Van Halen). Crazy.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like Jennifer Marlow and Bailey Quarters on WKRP, these are each beautiful in their own way:

"I want to rock and roll all night, and party every day."

"Once I thought I saw you in a crowded, hazy bar. Dancing on the light from star to star."

• 3 weeks later...

"The success of Dark Side of the Moon brought previously unknown wealth to all four members of the band; Richard Wright and Roger Waters bought large country houses, and Nick Mason became a collector of upmarket cars.[99] Some of the profits were invested in the production of Monty Python and the Holy Grail." - wiki

Anytime my kid is in the car, he changes the station to one he likes. And so it was when driving him to school this morning I heard Gaga's "Born This Way" for the first time, didn't know what song it was, and thought someone had done a mash-up of Madonna's "Express Yourself" and "Vogue."

Just a matter of time before Charlie Sheen ends up in a bunch of rap lyrics - his name rhymes with lots of words and he's a human metaphor. Some potential uses:

1) Party/Alcohol Use:

"More bottles than you ever seen/we party like Charlie Sheen"

2) Girls at Home:

"Girls in the crib if you knowwhati mean/gotta keep 'em on hand like Charlie Sheen"

3) Don't Care Attitude:

"They say I'm crazy and a little bit green/but I got tiger blood like Charlie Sheen"

Miley Cyrus was really good on Saturday Night live this week. (Does anyone actually watch this on Saturday nights, or does everyone watch it later on DVR or the computer like me?) She made fun of herself (and Disney) and was part of some very well-written skits where she had to sing and dance. Having her play Justin Bieber was brilliant.

She's nowhere near Timberlake level, but I can see her hosting the show 10 more times as she becomes a tolerable adult entertainer.