Random Music Thoughts V

Mike

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Dark Side of the Moon is #137 on the Billboard 200 this week, up three spots from last week.

For some perspective, that album came out 37 years ago next month, and this is now week 748 that it has spent on said chart.

How embarrassing for artists who've released albums recently that are charting LOWER than that.

They shouldn't expect to live up to Floyd's standard in the first place. They just can't win :P

It's not that so much as the album was released 37 years ago and is STILL charting. It consistently sells about 10,000 copies a week, according the WSJ article I was reading about it. Roughly 10,000 a week equals over half a million a year. There are artists that would kill for those kinds of sales and we're talking about albums that have just come out! This one has had damn near 40 years out there.

It's fantastic....I'd love to see it crack the Top 100. Now that would be a lark.

The designer of the Titanic thought it was better than a canoe.

Maybe it was but I still paddle around in my canoe when weather and currents permit.

The Titanic? (the first unsinkable buoyant vessel...lol) Titanic is synonymous with doom. Like a cow.

My thought is a cow should be depicted in the "D" section of the dictionary titled, "doomed."

Sometimes, a student will exceed and surpass the professor.

If that wasn't true, then we'd still be living in caves or worse, outside amongst the elements.

Did I mention that I worship Pink Floyd?

:cool:

The Dark Side of the Moon is #137 on the Billboard 200 this week, up three spots from last week.

For some perspective, that album came out 37 years ago next month, and this is now week 748 that it has spent on said chart.

How embarrassing for artists who've released albums recently that are charting LOWER than that.

I just bought it last week. So, I contributed to that rank. :thumbsup:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

• 3 weeks later...