Mike

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just got a reminded of the rules:

No Shuffle Day #3 is all about giving that album a second chance.

You know how sometimes you don't like an album the first time you hear it, and then you realize years later it's actually brilliant?

For this No Shuffle Day, we want you to think of an album you never really got. Your friends love it, your girlfriend begs you to give it another listen. You listened to it once and though it was slightly rubbish.

Find that album, put it on, and listen to it with fresh ears. Sometimes albums are like blue cheese or marmite, and you need to be wiser and more mature until you finally like them. Or not. It's worth a go though.

I like that approach :)

now I have to think of what to listen...

• 4 weeks later...

After perusing the Grammy noms for 2010, I think for the first time in a few years I won't even bother watching. Just to show how pathetically out of touch the Grammys are: MGMT, Silversun Pickups, and The Ting Tings are nominated in the best NEW ARTIST category. As for the best album and best song categories, it's more of a competition for least crappy.

I remember back in the day if I wanted to hear music I had to save my pennies and go to an actual record store to by an album. I'm telling you this old lady tale because I randomly sang a snippet of a song earlier tonight but couldn't remember what it was or who sang it. I got on the trusty interwebz, typed in the few lyrics I could remember and *poof* there it was. I then went to amazon.com and *poof again*, downloaded it within seconds.

Life is good. I'm just sayin'. :grin: