Random Music Thoughts V

Mike

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when one day, on the way home, my daughter starts belting out at the top of her lungs:

"Who let the dogs out? woof, woof woof"

Followed by:

"Come on, Mommy, bark with me!"

I am comforted by the thought that she does shout along to "Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty, too.

She did go to a birthday where they played that, but that was two months ago, so I was surprised she remembered. Then again, that's most of the song lyrics right there, so I guess it's not that hard to memorize after one hearing.

• 2 weeks later...

On Monday, when I picked my daughter up from daycare, she asked me to put music on. I turned the radio on and the new Kid Rock song was on. "That's not music!" she protested.

OK, she really meant that it wasn't her music (she'd wanted the CD player on), but it was still funny.

I was rumageing around in my music today and run across a set I had forgotten I had. Bob Dylan the bootleg series..vol 1-3...1961-1991. Some of the songs I don't remember hearing even and it has a book with it that is the history of it all. Now I have to find time to listen to it all :googly:

Uncle Joe, I bet you'll like this one. Corcovado - Stan Getz / Astrud Gilberto

Church St. Blues - Norman Blake

Fingerpickin' at it's finest.

Castle Rock - King Curtis

:cool:

You got that right, Bluesy. I'm going to a jazz samba show and Brazilian dinner on Thursday at Chima in Philly. Stan Getz is (was) the man!! I met him on a plane to Pittsburgh back in the late 70's. Cool guy.