Kent

Ombre Vivante

"Om Du Var Här"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6VAKCjZ4AkM

"FF"

It should naturally fall that anyone who is remotely interested in BritPop would also tune into this band. I first heard their English version of "Om Du Var Här" back in 1998 ("If You Were Here"); a rare occasion for them nowadays since they've gone back to recording in Swedish only. Having heard all their albums, I'd say the best albums are Isola and Vapen Och Ammunition (in Swedish), although the English version of Isola is almost as good (it's a smart buy). Based on whether one were to like those two, then the rest should follow suit :cool:

You should try the tracks off Vapen. Their sound is way toned down. HIM is Hard Rock, whereas Kent is more akin to Radiohead (which is a comparison other listeners have made). I'd say tracks such as "Things She Said" and "Oprofessionell" off Isola sound more like The Catherine Wheel (similar to "Black Metallic" and "Crank").

"Saker Man Ser"

"En Himmelsk Drog"

Grunge was huge around that time. After Grunge it was a small period of Boy Bands and Puke Pop. Then came emo...

Ask a random listener about crap like Sublime and they'll name three songs off the top of their head. Try asking who Travis are and they'll give ye a blank stare. The only bands from the BritPop era that everyone is familiar with are Radiohead and Oasis (not even Morrissey got/gets that much airplay on the radio and the tellie).

that's what I was refering to ;)

maybe songs like "Creep" could be classified as such? even though I would call that Alternative Rock,

but can you see anything from "OK Computer" (1997) called Britpop?

:grin:

Edited by Guest
wrong year

Radiohead is BritPop? really?

Placebo was huge here too (Suede not AS much), and for Travis, at least "Why does it always rain on me?" and "Sing" were huge hits here...

From the BritPop era of the 90s. I didn't say they were boner fide BritPop ;)

The Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden got waaay more airplay than any BritPop band (at least here in SoCal).

From the BritPop era of the 90s. I didn't say they were boner fide BritPop ;)

The Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden got waaay more airplay than any BritPop band (at least here in SoCal).

touché ;)

that's not really surprising since SoCal is a LOT closer to Seattle than to Manchester ;)

also some (most?) BritPop bands tried to be very Brittain centric, in their music, but also in additude...

of course that also means that here BritPop got a LOT more airplay than Grunge/American Alt Rock, perhaps except Nirvana

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

It's been almost a year since the last poast and I did receive the kent box a week ago (I ordered it after xmas).

31E6NZ%2BTs6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I also bought their newest album:

31XFd-ZIKaL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Totally awersome tracks. I've only had time to listen to two or three songs on [repeat] and those three are worth getting the whole album. However, if listeners are expecting Isola and Hagnesta Hill, then this is not the album to get. They're going along with the trend from Vapen Och Ammunition on up: Pop Rock :headphones:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

New album will be out in mid-July.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_plats_i_solen

They've been productive these past few years, but it makes me wary of this album's quality. If these are left-overs, will it sound like a buncha filler and b-sides?

http://www.amazon.com/En-Plats-I-Solen-Kent/dp/B003S2MX20/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1277573656&sr=1-1