Melpo Mene

Ombre Vivante

You've most likely heard it in the new Volvo commercial. Whoever devised this ad campaign was a genius: now they sell cars AND new singles that viewers are dying to buy off the Internet or buy the album. The music reminds me a lot of Aqualung's "Strange & Beautiful (I'll Put A Spell On You)," which, coincidentally, was used to sell VW bugs :cool: Check it out. It's very mellowdic; a bit reminiscent of the most delightfully-drowsy Nordic sounds - real soothing stuff. I'm looking forward for their North American debut.

• 5 months later...

Get it while it's still hot off the press. Second album came out mid-August, I think :headphones: Order it from InSound and it should arrive in a week or two. I got mine a coupla days ago and it was so good, I had to bump Andrew Bird off the player to make space.

http://www.insound.com/Melpo_Mene_Bring_the_Lions_Out_CD/productmain/p/INS46787/

Notice the price is also totally cheep as compared with Amazon's 30-dollar tag! 9 bucks! Come on: you can either get two tanks of petrol and burn a hole in your pocket... or an experience of a lifetime.

• 1 year later...

Ever been in a dream where you wish there was some beautiful, soothing, soft, tender, sweet and gently captivating music to accompany what you were seeing to make it even more surreal and memorable?

Then Melpo Mene is what you should have playing in your mind's recorder!

034211melpo20mene201.jpg

Why the name Melpo Mene?

â€It felt natural to use a separate name for my music. Melpo Mene is taken from Greek mythology, but for me it’s basically just a nice name.â€

Melpomene is the name of one of the nine muses and it’s the muse of tragedy.

My favourite tracks are definitely I adore you, The Sun, Holes, Hello Benjamin and To be someone.

The tracks are on Spotify as well, so head over and take a listen and feel happier :headphones:

I think of listening to music, such as Melpo Mene's, akin to what the little prince enjoyed the most about a sunset.

Oh, little prince! Bit by bit I came to understand the secrets of your sad little life... For a long time you had found your only entertainment in the quiet pleasure of looking at the sunset.

I learned that new detail on the morning of the fourth day, when you said to me:

"I am very fond of sunsets. Come, let us go look at a sunset now."

"But we must wait," I said.

"Wait? For what?"

"For the sunset. We must wait until it is time."

At first you seemed to be very much surprised. And then you laughed to yourself. You said to me: "I am always thinking that I am at home!"

Just so everybody knows that when it is noon in the United States the sun is setting over France. If you could fly to France in one minute, you could go straight into the sunset, right from noon. Unfortunately, France is too far away for that. But on your tiny planet, my little prince, all you need do is move your chair a few steps. You can see the day end and the twilight falling whenever you like...

"One day," you said to me, "I saw the sunset forty-four times!" And a little later you added: "You know, one loves the sunset, when one is so sad..."

"Were you so sad, then?" I asked, "on the day of the forty-four sunsets?"

But the little prince made no reply.