Future Of The Left

blind-fitter

Okay, so i nominated Future Of The Left's new single Manchasm for the SF Top Ten, purely and simply because I'd been to see them the previous night, and they had kicked serious ass. Much to my delight, the track is being surprisingly well-received, so perhaps I ought to elaborate?

Fronted by Andy Falkous (formerly of the excellent McLusky,as referenced by PaulEdwardWagemann in his Best Power Trios thread, fact fans), FOTL have released one album "Curses", characterised by "big lumbering riffs and madman lyrics" (Kerrang), "ferocious, melodic gems" (Guardian newspaper), "Like Eighties Matchbox penned into Iggy Pop's half-paced ketamine addled mind - basically it's ace" (NME), etc. etc. It really is very good.

"Manchasm"

"ADeadEnemyAlwaysSmellsGood"

"Fingers Become Thumbs"

I should have allowed more time for this.

FOTL review from last week's Guardian Guide Magazine

Future Of The Left: "Manchasm" (Too Pure)

Songs about lonely feline being a rarity in the field of popular music, Manchasm distinguishes itself right from the get-go. Cardiff's Future Of The Left, mind, appear to be approaching their chosen field - heavy rock, delivered with curled eyebrow - from sundry unexpected angles. Here, then, we have jaunty one-finger keyboards, gut-shunting bass and a smart closing round that imparts the wisdom that "Colin is a very pretty pussy cat". Eccentric good behaviour that, in a more enlightened society, would see these men pelted with considerable riches.

I wouldn't argue with that.