Meaning of Stairway to heaven

juggie1588

alot of things have been through my mind while listening to stairway to heaven mostly tho what led zeplin wanted the song to mean???if any one wouldnt mind giving an input on what you think the song means i would appreciate it!! :guitar:

Edited by Guest

• 6 months later...

I have some questions.

Was there ever a concert where Led Zeppelin didn't play Stairway to Heaven?.

Which of the following are/were satanists?, or have/had satanic members?. Led Zeppelin, Queen, AC/DC, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Metallica.

Can anyone give me a website that lets you download music without getting your pc virused up?.

Why does Robert Plant hate Stairway to Heaven?.

What's the last concert Jimmy Page played at?.

What does Jimmy Page do nowadays?.

How heavily was Jimmy Page involved with the cult?, and is he still in it?.

Thanks. :coolio:

First off Karhul,

I bet if you use that search button and peruse some old threads, you might find some useful information.

Here's the listing for Stairway to Heaven in the book

Led Zeppelin Live; An Illustrated Exploration of Underground Tapes - the final edition ('97) by Luis Rey

isbn# - 0969808070

and this is a quote

"Officially released on the untitled fourth and The Song Remains the Same .

The all-time Led Zeppelin anthem and the most popular work they ever recorded. First composed and rehearsed in December 1970 to January 1971,the first live performances date from the Club Tour of early 1971. Played without interruption from then on and probably received with standing ovations every night. By 1973, the guitar solo changed substantially (for the better) and the vocals began to lighten up (for the worse).

By 1975, the piece was the closing number and had been transformed into a chaotic drama, especially due to the guitar solo. Stairway saved the show, even if all previous numbers were dull or badly performed. From 1977 to the last show of 1980 there was evidence of a certain weariness in the song's performance, even if it was still the official closing piece. But the popular demand for the piece was more important than the band's own tastes (Plant

wanted to do a reggae version of it in the Knebworth shows). Stairway to Heaven marked the rediscovery of the double-neck guitar for it's live performances, and Plant resumed his talents as a nonsense lyric writer." close quote

Re: A website with music downloads that won't bury your computer under a pile of viruses? As a dual system user, I'll have to say it: For the moment, Macintosh computers can surf the Internet and ignore viruses. (Spyware and Phishers are another matter; if it sounds too good to be true, delete it!) If you don't mind a proprietary music format, The iTunes Music Store is a legal computer music file download site. Otherwise, stay off the Internet and encode your own .MP3s. (Where you get your source material is between you and the almighty RIAA.) :afro:

Re: A website with music downloads that won't bury your computer under a pile of viruses? As a dual system user, I'll have to say it: For the moment, Macintosh computers can surf the Internet and ignore viruses. (Spyware and Phishers are another matter; if it sounds too good to be true, delete it!) If you don't mind a proprietary music format, The iTunes Music Store is a legal computer music file download site. Otherwise, stay off the Internet and encode your own .MP3s. (Where you get your source material is between you and the almighty RIAA.) :afro:

I have both, Mac and PC... I found it really hard to download music on mac... in fact, I never could, I don´t know how to use properly I Tunes... on the other side, I´ve done it on PC and it seems to work fine... But that´s true, MacIntosh is said to be protected from viruses and personally I still didn´t have trouble about it (knock on wood...)... but as it is a working tool, I´d rather not to take chances...

Didn't help much, but thanks anyway....

Funny that, I did the exact same search and this is what I found:

Episode Schedule: U.K. Legends

A DAY RUNS FROM 6 AM TO 5:59 AM. ALL TIMES ARE EST.

DATE/TIME

NETWORK

SHOW

FEATURED ARTISTS

INFO

Sat

04:00 PM ET

OVA

Later With Jools Holland:

U.K. Legends

David Bowie , Jimmy Page , Robert Plant , Eric Clapton , Steve Winwood , Joe Cocker More...

Info

Sun

08:00 PM ET

OVA

U.K. Legends

David Bowie , Jimmy Page , Robert Plant , Eric Clapton , Steve Winwood , Joe Cocker More...

Info

Mon

12:00 AM ET

OVA

U.K. Legends

Info

Zeppelin, Joplin Get Grammy'd

"Led Zeppelin and Janis Joplin--who amazingly never won a competitive Grammy--lead the list of recipients of this year's Lifetime Achievement Grammys, the Recording Academy announced Tuesday."

Yahoo!, January 05, 2005

News:

Page, Plant's 'Unledded' Coming To Theaters

"The Oct. 26 DVD release of Jimmy Page and Robert Plant's 'No Quarter: Unledded' will be preceded the day before by screenings in 35 Regal Entertainment Group cinemas."

Billboard, September 02, 2004

News:

Pages Rules Out Led Zep Future

"Former Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page says there is no plans for Led Zeppelin in the future."

Big Pond, August 26, 2004

News:

Page Gets Spot on London's Walk of Fame

"Jimmy Page hasn't yet made it up the stairway to heaven, but he's the first to reach the new British Walk of Fame."

Launch, August 23, 2004

News:

Big Pond.com, August 05, 2004

Led Zep Off Live Aid DVD

Big Pond, August 05, 2004

Interview:

A Conversation with the Thunderthief: PopMatters Interview with John Paul Jones

"Throughout my conversation with John Paul Jones, one word kept popping up again and again: "freedom"."

PopMatters, April 13, 2004

Interview:

What Is and What Should Never Be

"Noted music writer and publisher Gary Graff tunes into legendary Led Zeppelin bass player and keyboardist John Paul Jones and finds that it might be rock'n'roll as usual as the mighty Zep release the brilliant BBC Sessions live set but John Paul doesn't neccessarily now like the people he once made it with."

April 13, 2004

Interview:

Led Zeppelin - John Paul Jones

"John talks about his musical career with Led Zeppelin, before and after."

The Celebrity Cafe, April 13, 2004

Interview:

The Story of the Milan Riots, The Led Zeppelin Interview...

"Ah, yes, Led Zep... the seminal sex heavy metal band of the early 70s... let's face it, Robert Plant was The Frontman for any rock ensemble, and Jimmy Page was by far the definitive guitar hero of his age."

April 13, 2004

and many many more articles...

Last I heard, he was over at Bill's house down the street discussing the politics of the latest revolutions within Iraq. Upon finishing their discussion, they returned to the kitchen for a spot of tea, a couple of crumpets, and a big fat joint. After spending the next 15 minutes sharing this marvelous spliff between the two of them, they decided to take in a movie. At the movie theatre, they discussed what movie to go see and could not come to an agreement. Instead they walked down to David's house near the movie theatre for some more tea and to hit David's wonderfully shaped bong. Upon finishing everything David had stashed away, the three of them watched a Monty Python DVD and sip a little more tea. But this time they opted to spike the tea with bourbon.

Shall I continue?