The Songfactors' Choice "Top Live Albums of All Time"

Lucky

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it came during the time when glam-rock was making way for the Grunge movement (and it seemed Rock bands were required to pump out as many power ballads and acoustic numbers as possible), but I'd throw Tesla's 5 Man Acoustical Jam in the mix.

Signs was a good initial release.

Lodi

The Way it is

Love Song

Paradise

hi Island Boy, Welcome to Songfacts! :)

thanks for the input, but as you can see we already wrapped up the Top Live Albums, of course you're very welcome to participate in the next Songfactors' Choice, which will start in a couple of days

:thumbsup:

(Don't give me those looks... I have permission to do this :cool:)

nirvana518gs.jpg

MTV Unplugged in New York - Nirvana

With their Unplugged session Nirvana shattered the world's opinion of what their 'sound' was. Where past albums and concert performances gave the impression that their angst-fuelled talent usually culminated in music that was very LOUD, this acoustic session proved that the pounding drums, heavy guitars and throbbing bass weren't amped up to drown out a lack of talent.

With not much more than an additional guitarist and a periodic cello, Cobain and co. lead the listener through eight reworked versions of their songs - most of which are only album tracks, three songs acknowledging their musical mentors and three songs that belonged to a little known guest band called the Meat Puppets - now most famous for being the band that had Nirvana cover its songs. It starts with a relatively obscure tune from their first album, and ends with a cover of a Ledbelly song that many regard as Cobain's finest vocal performance. listen to this album in a quiet room, turn the lights down low and you're with them - they're playing for you.

Edited by Guest
it's a tune, not a song ;)

• 6 months later...

we actually deliberatly didn't lock the thread to give new- or latecomers the opportunity to add their 2 cents (sort of like "great list :thumbsup:")

unfortunately that also means that some people don't know that this topic has been finished months ago...

sorry Danny, but nominations can no longer be accepted,

you can look at the final results somewhere in this thread, or here:

Top 7 Live Albums

:)

OMG i had to chuckle when I read this comment from someone in the results thread:

Jim said...

Perhaps everyone should post their own "Top 10". Then all the titles could be listed and a vote by the members to determine the "Official" Songfacts Top 5,10, or 20, etc. 'Greatest Live Albums Of All Time'.

Unless this was a sarcastic post from someone here who's name is Jim, this is what intelligence is all about, no? :laughing: :doh: :doh:

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/2/2008 at 12:49 AM, Levis said:

I'd vote for it!

If voting wasn't over already... oops :crazy:

On 5/5/2008 at 5:46 AM, Lucky said:

No. It justs shows how much you like the album, and why. Exactly what we want. I think it's lovely, thanks Fintan.

On 5/5/2008 at 5:53 AM, The Seeker said:

Good :grin: