The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #110

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #110! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

** Don't forget to vote in the Ultimate, if you haven't already done it!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 4, 2008 was the 40th anniversary of the untimely assassination of one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. In his honor, I would like to open the nominations with 2 musical tributes to Dr. King and the ideals of equality and humanity that he stood for.

Pride (in the Name of Love)-U2 (1984)

and

Abraham, Martin and John-Dion (1968)

It's My Life was #11 in a previous list, and I would very much to see it in the top ten. Here are a few other songs (most of them are on my list of favourite songs) that almost got in (they were all #11):

Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again - Bob Dylan

I'm On Fire - Bruce Springsteen

Time After Time - Cindy Lauper

Zombie - Cranberries

Run Through The Jungle - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Secret Agent Man (twice) - Johnny Rivers

Sugar Mountain - Neil Young (Good luck, Laurie)

Band On The Run - Paul McCartney & Wings

Everybody Hurts - R.E.M.

El Condor Pasa (If I Could) - Simon & Garfunkel

No Reply - Beatles

I think we need some sort of arrangement like a Senior Citizens' Special, Dappled, for all you experienced Tenners. Tenners aged 50+ get their vote counted twice. Notice I said all of YOU. :D

Now where are my glasses?? Oops, they're on my head. ;)