Music software

Viaene

No... it's too complicated for me to explain :neener:

I'll let the 'pedia do it:

In addition to static playlist support, iTunes supports 'Smart playlists'. Smart playlists are playlists that can be set to update automatically (live updating, like a database query) based on a customized list of selection criteria. Different criteria can be entered to control many aspects of the playlist.

^ Well yes, if I had classified the Verve and Oasis as Britpop and then added Blur songs to my library and classified them as Britpop as well.

Or, for example, one of its pre-made smart playlists is 90s music (it knows me so well :grin:) so the criterion for that is 'all songs from the years 1990-1999'

Oh no... I need playlists. I refuse to have songs off Urban Hymns and Attack of the Grey Lantern played to me independently of their albums. And I created a playlist which consists of songs with a playcount of less than 5, so that I give some attention to songs that I'd otherwise ignore ;)

Winamp playlists are fine in my opinion, except you've to create them yourself. The only automatic thing about Winamp is 'play all songs by [artist]' and 'play all songs from [album]'. Of course, moving songs is easier if you arrange them by artist/album and then select a bunch at a time, but you already know that. :)