Fish question

neil

I wonder if anyone else has ever bought a first album by a band/artiste and been so impressed with it that they never bought another title for fear of being let down by it not being so good?

I've always been wary of buying anything of Country Joe & the Fish since purchasing their Electric Music for the Mind and Body debut 26 years ago. I only write this because I bought the follow up today and wondering why it took so long to buy?

I wonder if anyone else has ever bought a first album by a band/artiste and been so impressed with it that they never bought another title for fear of being let down by it not being so good?

no, I don't think that ever came to my mind...

when I'm very impressed with an album/artist, normally I'm looking forward to purchasing the next one, even if it sometimes did let me down...

This kind of happened to me. I purchased Hold Your Fire but did not listen to it for quite awhile. Needless to say, I was blown away when I went to the concert. It's one of the best Rush albums.

When I'm totally in the dark about a new (to me) group/musician, I look for a live CD release to hear how they interact with the audience. This can lead to interesting results; Flogging Molly's first official CD release was a live album! Still, this approach along with tuning in PBS' "Austin City Limits" and "Soundstage" has led to interesting acquisitions. :headphones: