Dr Pepper offers free drink for Chinese Democracy

Farin

If the album is released in 2008 it's free Dr Peppers all round

[smaller]Mar 26, 2008, NME.com[/smaller]

Drinks manufacturer Dr Pepper have announced they will give a free can of the soft drink to every American – except former guitarists Slash and Buckethead – if Guns N Roses release 'Chinese Democracy' this year.

The album has been in the pipeline since 1993, when the group released their covers album 'The Spaghetti Incident?', but its release date has continually been pushed back.

Dr Pepper's Marketing Director Jaxie Alt said: "It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper’s special mix of 23 ingredients, which our fans have come to know and love. So we completely understand and empathise with Axl's quest for perfection – for something more than the average album.

"We know once it's released, people will refer to it as 'Dr Pepper for the ears' because it will be such a refreshing blend of rich, bold sounds - an instant classic."

An estimated $13m in recording expenses have been built up in the making of 'Chinese Democracy'.

This is the biggest scam since the Pet Rock or Mood Rings . There is NO album , nor is Axl in any condition to make one , nor would many people care if they did .*correction * No , there are a lot of dorks in California that may be pumped by it .

Edited by Guest

• 6 months later...

Drinks firm to keep Roses pledge

[smaller]BBC News | Friday, 24 October 2008 09:42 UK | Link[/smaller]

A US manufacturer which promised a free soft drink to all Americans if Guns N' Roses released a new album in 2008 has said it will honour its pledge.

Dr Pepper made the offer after several release dates for the rock band's long-awaited album passed.

"We never thought this day would come. Now it's here, all we can say is the Dr Pepper's on us," said a spokesman.

The drinks will be made available via a voucher system. Chinese Democracy is due to be released next month.

'Show of solidarity'

The album, which is the band's first since 1993, is coming out in the US on 23 November and a day later in the UK.

Americans will have to visit the drinks manufacturer's website to register for a coupon to obtain their free can.

Registration will only be possible for 24 hours after the album's US release date next month, and vouchers could take up to six weeks to arrive.

Earlier this year, Dr Pepper challenged Guns N' Roses to finally bring out their CD.

The company said that in an "unprecedented show of solidarity with Axl", all Americans would receive a free can, "except estranged guitarists Slash and Buckethead".

The band's frontman, Axl Rose, said at the time that he was "surprised and very happy" to have the firm's support.

The company said the star's "quest for perfection" was understandable, leading them to believe that Chinese Democracy would not hit the shops in 2008.

all Americans would receive a free can, "except estranged guitarists Slash and Buckethead".

Sounds to me that if you're not one of these two people, and you live in America, you will get a free can of Dr Pepper whether or not you buy the album. Which I refuse to do, on the grounds that Axl Rose is a greasy haired rude disrespectful disgusting individual.

do you need to buy the album to get the dr. pepper?

as I understand it, no... as long as you're not Slash or Buckethead you should get one

of course it says you have to register on their website first ;)

EDIT: ^ what she said ;)

Edited by Guest

Sounds to me that if you're not one of these two people, and you live in America, you will get a free can of Dr Pepper whether or not you buy the album. Which I refuse to do, on the grounds that Axl Rose is a greasy haired rude disrespectful disgusting individual.

I thought you were talking about john lennon for a moment :cool:

yeah plus his music is pretty bad :thumbsdown:

and if he's a bad guy, that's all the more reason to dislike him!