Songfacts Mobile

Carl

We've set up a mobile version of Songfacts, so when you access the site from a mobile device, you should get pages optimized for little screens.

We're kind of new to this, so any feedback you guys can give is much appreciated. I try to avoid talking on a mobile phone, much less surfing the web on it, but if Internet by phone is your thing, go to Songfacts and see what you think.

:)

Oh I used to browse SF by phone when I was in Delhi via GPRS. I couldn't browse much though because I'd get a 'memory full' message after a couple of pages. But that's probably just my outdated phone. I tried on a fancier model with Opera as a web browser and it was just fine.

I can't try it here yet because I haven't subscribed to GPRS so I'm not quite sure how helpful past experience is. What I can say is that smaller pages are good since some operators charge per Kb downloaded. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Would it be possible to have the message boards in a mobile format? My internet at home is screwy Louie and unfortunately I've been actually working at work lately. This leaves me with no message board access and I'm going through withdrawals. It would be awesome if I could peek in now and again on my fancy phone.

Just a thought. I have no idea what kind of time or effort this would entail. Don't hurt yourself if it ain't easy. :grin:

• 1 year later...

I can see the boards but they're teeny tiny. If I make it big enough to see I have to keep scrolling across and then back. The mobile friendly main site is set up where everything fits on one screen and you just have to scroll down to keep reading.

I would say the Droid because it looks like it does a lot of cool stuff and because I don't like anything i-related.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...