The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Mike

The most interactive film of all-time, the longest running film of all-time.

This 1975 film, famous for it's midnight showings, cult followings, and interactive audiences is very unique.

Has anyone attended this at a mid-night showing?

I understand a cinema in Munich has runs this regularly every weekend since 1975.

I've never been to a screening, but I did see a theatre production of it just last weekend. It was so much fun. I think seeing it live is a bit different from seeing the movie in a cinema though, as far as interaction is concerned. There's less interaction seeing it in a theatre, where the expectation is more to sit and watch, although we did do the Time Warp at the end. They do the midnight screening on a regular basis here in Sydney as well, so I'll have to put that on my 'to do' list!

Has anyone attended this at a mid-night showing?

I understand a cinema in Munich has runs this regularly every weekend since 1975.

When I lived in Buenos Aires (we were teens) my friends and I used to go every weekend, at midnight, to watch "Woodstock" and "Monterrey Pop".

We did it for a couple of years, I think I should know both movies by heart...

I saw "The Rocky Horror Show" live in the early seventies, in Spain, my boyfriend played with the band every night. So I was there, backstage, for a couple of weeks too.

I never saw the picture.

While at Rutgers I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show many times at the midnight show. It played at The Arts Cinema in New Brunswick. Another long playing favorite there was Pink Flamingos.

I even went to see RHPS on New Year's Eve once, before we went out. It was weird because the place was empty and it was the first time I heard all the words clearly.

That's where I saw it katie_sane! The production with Iota and Paul Capsis etc. Iota did a great Frankie and Kelly Rode as Janet was perfect, but Sharon Millerchip as Columbia stole the show. She was brilliant! But I'm biased. Columbia is my favourite character. ;) It was a great show. Have fun!

The first time I saw Rocky Horror was at a midnight showing my first year in college. I was hooked and saw it many times after that, and always midnight showings. That was in Columbus and I'm not sure if the theatre still has the midnight showings. I remember the first time I saw it, when I got home I was shaking rice out of my bra and hair, but didn't care! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

That's where I saw it katie_sane! The production with Iota and Paul Capsis etc. Iota did a great Frankie and Kelly Rode as Janet was perfect, but Sharon Millerchip as Columbia stole the show. She was brilliant! But I'm biased. Columbia is my favourite character. ;) It was a great show. Have fun!

Hi Clara! Yes, that's the production I am off to see tomorrow night. I can't wait! Glad you enjoyed it too.

In my city, it's held like every third Saturday. I went with my friends when I was a senior in high school and like all every audience member was dressed up for it. Me and one of my friends dressed up like men dressing like women, and my guy friend just wore gold glittery underwear. :blush: It was great!

Edited by Guest

Rocky Horror plays better in some cities than in others. When I lived in Syracuse, it got the full midnight show, "freaks come out at night" treatment. Here in CT, the few productions are just lame. Someday I'll roadtrip somewhere just for a good Rocky Horror.