Songfactors' Choice: Suggestion Box

Lucky

Another idea: what about doing an albums top ten like we do the songs top ten. We could do it once every other week or once a month or whatever people want. Each person could nominate an album, maybe highlight a couple tracks with links and then we have a top ten albums list.

That way we won't have to keep racking our brains trying to think up specials. And there are so many albums out there, I'd think we'd be able to do it for awhile.

Another idea: what about doing an albums top ten like we do the songs top ten. We could do it once every other week or once a month or whatever people want. Each person could nominate an album, maybe highlight a couple tracks with links and then we have a top ten albums list.

That way we won't have to keep racking our brains trying to think up specials. And there are so many albums out there, I'd think we'd be able to do it for awhile.

Songfactor's Choice (originally Music of Choice) actually pre-dates the Top Ten. The idea of Songfactor's Choice is to provide something of interest to visitors to the site that don't necessarily frequent the message boards, hence, the blog. I don't know that random lists of just our favorite albums would promote much. The ideas are hopefully something to pique their interest and invite comments, etc.

When it was changed to SF Choice, the original idea was to do a list monthly or so, of albums and/or other music related "stuff" books, movies, soundtracks, anything. For whatever reason, we keep gravitating back to albums, and all the many specials we can devise. So, remember, this subjects don't have to be about the best anything, least of all albums. Our subject can be anything music related, and that includes people (we've done women & frontmen).

Put on those thinking caps, what's a really creative idea?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So hey guys.

We haven't done one of these in somewhere around (and my math could be off) a billion years. I think we should do another one. I know that we're probably running out of ideas, so if anyone can think of something, that'd be awesome.

I did have an idea though: I know that not everyone on this forum listens to new music, and that's fine, but if we had enough interest, I think we could honestly do a good job of a best of the year album thing each year. We could start soon (or whenever) with a best of 2010 and then a best of 2011 and then when the year is almost over, a best of 2012. If you don't remember what albums were released each year, you can check it out here at Best Ever Albums or you could probably check it out on Wikipedia. It seems to me that throughout the year people are always looking for the best of recent years, mostly because music is so readily available everywhere now that people want to discover new music. I think we could help people with that. I also think it could be good for site traffic (though I can't guarantee that, just a hunch).

Most of all, I think it would be fun. Like I said, I realize not everyone here keeps up with new music, but between the people that do here, I think we could make a decent attempt at this. Now maybe I'm the only one who would be interested in this, and that's fine. If no one wants to do it, I don't have a problem with that.

Also, if people are interested, but don't want to go with my idea, that's fine too. I'm happy to do whatever.

So thoughts anyone?