Songfactors' Choice: Suggestion Box

Lucky

• 6 months later...

It would seem that the Rolling Stones in some form or another might be a popular topic? I picked that up by reading between the lines somewhere. I'm quick like that. ;) My question to you is this. Do you want to do top ten albums? The top 3 might be predictable, but the total list is bound to be interesting. Or, songs? And if songs, in what form? I would think top ten songs would be a bit dull, we've done 'em in some form a zillion times. We could however do underrated songs (defined as songs that didn't chart, or charted lower than 10 or something like that).

So, which is it to be? We'll announce and open the new one this weekend.

I'd go with albums too. Like you said, top three might be predictable, but it'd be interesting to see what else falls where.

I had another idea for a special. Now this may be subject to opinion, just an idea I had, but perhaps we could do a top 10 worst and/or top ten best album covers.

I thought that might be interesting.

I had a little bit different take on using The Rolling Stones. The British invasion covered so many dynamite blues, r&b and rock 'n roll songs that introduce worldwide audiences to the great musicians of the 1950's and '60s.

How about The songs The Rolling Stones covered.

:cool:

Ok, now I'm in a quandry. which is it to be, albums or Rolling Stones covers? I think there are enough cover songs, as posted by our friend robertnice secondhandsongs , there are about 65 listed, and there may very well be more. If we did covers, it would be fun to post the original (if available) along with the Stone's version.

I like either idea .... so I need a tiebreaker. Somebody? Anybody? We'll decide by tonight.

Albums it shall be. :) I meant to open it last night, but did not .... we'll open 'er up tonight. I suppose as Sammy suggested we'll just post a list of the albums to choose from. Unless you want to nominate? And before the subject even comes up, Studio & Live albums only will be eligble, no compilations.