Songfactors' Choice: Suggestion Box

Lucky

Top 10 Beatles songs

and another one for the Stones

I had thought about doing this in the regular tens forum, using the songs that already made the list as the nominations and just having people pick their 10 favorites from that, but I don't know if there'd be enough interest in that.

Also the reason why I suggest these 2 bands is because instead of asking for nominations, we can just do the 40-50+ songs by these bands that are already in the SF WT-10.

Also Led Zeppelin has enough in the ten for this to work :D

Edited by Guest

yes, but it's confusing as hell. When some guy tells me he's into R'n B, he's mostly not into the R&B that I like. :(

The same could be said for any number of genres, though. The country that is popular and all over the place now, isn't the country that my dad listened to when he was younger. Rap isn't even the same as it was 25 years ago. Hell, it's not the same as it was 15 years ago.

yes, but it's confusing as hell. When some guy tells me he's into R'n B, he's mostly not into the R&B that I like.

I just went through that yesterday, not a very pleasant experience indeed. :P

To avoid confusion when discussing music a set, properly-defined vocabulary is very useful, though at times strangely elusive. Or people could just play it safe and list the artists and songs they mean.

Rap and R&B are too entirely different forms of music. R&B involves a gifted singing voice, usually songs about love, and is an influenced successor of Motown.

R&B artists include: Prince, Whitney Houston, Stevie Wonder, Donna Summer, Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, and to a lesser extent: any of the Jackson siblings.