Songfactors' Choice: Suggestion Box

Lucky

You guys need to get out of the country :P (no offence)

There's lot of great music in other languages then English :)

I live in a region that is split between English / Spanish speaking and I know quite a few good songs in Spanish, but coming up with 10 songs to vote for would be a bit of a guesstimated task.

or we could do a "best of the decade" while we're at it

...but not of this decade... :P :P :P

I suggested to make a best of each decade and I was told that it would be complicated for young people to choose in the 60s and for we older people to choose among the 2000.

I might try and I promise to listen to every nominated song I don't know, but then let' s do the same with other decades.

...but not of this decade... :P :P :P

well, what decade is going to end this year? :P (not technically... you know what I mean)

don't forget that the lists are supposed to get published on the mainsite

generally I don't have anything against doing all decades, but surely we can't do them in a chronological order :P

But there's all kind of people checking the mainsite, not just people that ignore anthing that happened in the last century... (I don't mean you* or other Songfactors, I'm talking about the people in general)

We're not the charts... it's our charts... with songs from all times.

I will listen to the songs and vote et all but then it would be fair to do the same with other decades.

* you had a cool Bob Dylan avatar from the early seventies.... :grin: :cool:

well, what decade is going to end this year? :P (not technically... you know what I mean)

don't forget that the lists are supposed to get published on the mainsite

generally I don't have anything against doing all decades, but surely we can't do them in a chronological order :P

Yes, THIS decade. it's 2009 and music sites are already compiling top 500 albums of the decade or top 50 albums of the year. There's been so much excellent stuff this year/decade, it's why I suggest deferring nominations if you can't think of anything.

I can see why you are reluctant, but it makes a whole lot more sense than any other decade right now.

Sure, I know... and I also know nowadays music sells more -except for that Beatles thing- and we need that to keep our site going and once again, I'm not against it. I just would like to do the same with other decades as well... :shades:

nobody said that that's not possible... just not in a (forward) chronological order ;):P

Good... :cool: I don't care about the order...

I -again- only think that if we make a best of 2000 why not make the same with the other decades?

Chicos, that's fine, I know what you mean and you know what I mean. Let's do those best ofs. I love you and I want to keep on playing with you.

And Radhi, next time you yell at me I'm gonna dress like Dr. Freud and get into your dreams... :shades:

Back on August 30, 2009:

Decades would be a great one for the turn of the decade, you know? Like at tne very end of 2009, because then the entire decade is over. Or the very beginning of 2010...

And:

^^^^ Great idea!

And:

Yep, Shawna, I like that. It would make sense for the main page.

And:

Wise girl! :thumbsup: I like that idea... :)

:P;)

As far as I'm concerned I think it's a wonderful idea. As far as addressing the fact that some of us older people woundn't know enough to make educated choices, we'd have to listen & learn. Just as younger people would have to listen & learn about the older albums. As long as we all agree to that I see no problem. We are all capable of research. I'm not a fan of deferring nominations to others, because how many nominations would you plan on giving each person?

I propose that we do a decades series, beginning with the 00's and working backward. Us older folks will just have to make the best of it, keeping in mind that the younger folks will have to do the same at some point.