The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #107

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I Started A Joke" finally made it after a time or two of being nominated and narrowly missing. 'Bout time. Have to rank it in that grouping of 100 finest ballads ever written.

Certainly this top ten shows our diversity. To have Wings in with the Sex Pistols is rather indicative of a wide variety of musical tastes.

I find the Stones just making #11 interesting. I would have thought that a fairly popular song, given the other competition. Goes to show the biggies aren't always so big. A very nice ten, by the way. Nothing to get terribly excited about, but as Steel says, very diverse. I like that, and I at the very least like all the songs there. :)

Oh, I'm glad 5 o'clock world made it :)

Me too! I always liked that song, but I loved it when it became the Drew Carey Opening Theme!

:)

Edited by Guest

B-F might like this one a bit more than the others... except for the songs being too low ;)

Nah, I think it's great that The Pistols made it in at all- regardless of the the fact that I had nothing to do with it being nominated- but I'm even more chuffed to bits about "And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda" making the Ten. I only get songs in the Ten very rarely, so I am glad it was a song that genuinely deserves the exposure. I certainly wasn't expecting such a great result. :)

I really think that so many great songs are now being recognized, since a lot of the "big" songs are now out of the mix. The lists are diverse, and full of great songs. Look at the top 5, all classics on list #107! :)

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #107 for the week ending 23rd March 2008

1. A Hazy Shade Of Winter - Simon & Garfunkel (1966)

2. Blowin' In The Wind - Bob Dylan (1963)

3. Guitar Man, The - Bread (1972)

4. I Started A Joke - Bee Gees (1968)

5. Sloop John B - The Beach Boys (1966)

6. Cover Me - Bruce Springsteen (1984)

7. Five O'Clock World - The Vogues (1965)

8. God Save The Queen - Sex Pistols (1977)

9. Junior's Farm - Paul McCartney & Wings (1974)

10. And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda - The Pogues (1985)

:headphones: