The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #107

Sorry to mislead you Lars. I've never heard Bowling Green before, but it's a nice song. Of course, I'm very biased towards the Everly Brothers.

I should have said it wasn't a 'Hit' single, which is all my Books cover: singles (and album tracks) that charted. I obviously didn't know what I was talking about, and I'm glad bluesboy could help.

:P

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's OK, Darryl. I think Clen Campbell did it too, but I don't know who did the original. The Everlys perhaps?

:help: The husband of one of my coworkers owns some Elvis singles from the 50s, one of which never has been out of the sleeve! How can I persuade them to part from them??

Joe, I just dreampt that my big sister made it into The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #107 !!!

Shut up and go back to sleep Allison.

DOES anyone get it ??? Not edna - she knows, but she won't tell. :)

I get it Darryl. The lead singer/guitarist of Toto was having a relationship with Rosanna Arquette at the time this song was written. Little sister Patricia stars in the television show "The Medium" in which she regularly dreams of past and future events. Are you predicting that "Rosanna" will be featured in the Top Ten? Maybe so. ;)

I know this doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell, but there's a story. My four year old still loves one of her Sesame Street videos that teaches about shapes and colors. This song was re-done as "It's Hip To Be A Square" and the other night, she got up, sang it at the top of her lungs and did a little dance...so I have to nominate:

It's Hip To Be Square - Huey Lewis & The News (1986)

This lady got her own thread the other day, so I'll honor her with a nom:

Something To Talk About - Bonnie Raitt (1991)

^ I guess it would be possible... if you want to lose the chance to nominate two of your favourites ;)

I know this doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell, but there's a story. My four year old still loves one of her Sesame Street videos that teaches about shapes and colors. This song was re-done as "It's Hip To Be A Square" and the other night, she got up, sang it at the top of her lungs and did a little dance...so I have to nominate:

It's Hip To Be Square - Huey Lewis & The News (1986)

This lady got her own thread the other day, so I'll honor her with a nom:

Something To Talk About - Bonnie Raitt (1991)

:)

My nom's rarely get votes anyhow, and there are tunes here that I like too much to leave off my list! :wink:

Oh... what the heck:

Breakfast At Tiffany's ~ Deep Blue Something 1995

Guitar Man ~ Bread 1972

Two excellent songs Ray. Which one would you like me to vote on? I try real hard to only vote on one song nominated by a nominator. Now your making that kinda hard aren't ya :shades: :D