The Songfactors' Choice Top Ten #107

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #107! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN! :)

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

** Don't forget to vote in the Ultimate, if you haven't already done it!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week's nominations are a pair of tributes to 2 great artists who passed away untimely, both in the past 3 months.

The first is a classic love song from one of my all-time favorite singer-songwriters, who passed away last December:

Longer-Dan Fogelberg (1979)

The second nomination is another beautiful song from a talented singer-guitarist with big following on this site, who sadly died a couple of weeks ago:

Angel Eyes-Jeff Healey Band (1989)

I promise, next week, to have some nominations of a more light-hearted nature; but I feel these 2 special artists deserve their due as they cross over into "rock and roll heaven".

So do most people of mine and your generations, Laurie. :)

Great Artists, but sadly they're probably best remembered for their novelty song 'Puff The Magic Dragon' (I like it too) rather than their great Folk/Pop Songs. Their version of Bob's 'Don't Think Twice, It's Alright' is my favorite Dylan cover.

HI Lea and Elena too. :) xxxxx

If I could find a Melanie 'Greatest Hits' CD I'd buy it. Although she's mainly known for Brand New Key and Candles In The Rain, she's had so many other great songs. A bit like Joan Baez; they just don't get the Airplay they deserve here in Australia.

:P

Gee, I last nominated Brand New Key on Mother's Day. May 2007 !

I got lucky and found the two above mentioned albums when I was in my twentys. She was very underrated. I love Stone Ground Words and As I see It Now. All the songs on those albums are wonderful but I bet most of her music is pretty much unknown. How sad huh.

I have nominated Diamonds and Rust twice in the ten I think and it has not done well at all. Maybe two votes? I am not a huge fan of her's but there are a couple of her songs I like quite a lot. Love Is Just A four Letter Word is another of my favorites.