What's the last price you paid for a gallon of gas?

Mike

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Gas just went up here to $1.319 per liter. I think it works out to around $5/gallon in the States.

I wonder if this will change travel plans for people this summer.

I still see lots of SUV's and trucks around, so the high gas prices obviously aren't affecting purchasing patterns...

CRAP! Okay, so the Aussie dollar is almost even with the US dollar...the current exchange rate is like 94 Au cents to the American dollar.

Soo, last I paid for petrol, regular unleaded [even though my new car says it needs premium, I pretend I don't see that sticker...] was $1.55 per litre. Have no idea how many gallons are in a litre or vice versa.

So are you Americans paying a hell of a lot more, or is that about even? :confused: :confused:

Tell me about it!

The high price of diesel affects everyone, mainly the consumer. All commercial grocery trucks run on diesel hence the higher price of food collating w/the ridiculous increase of gas; diesel or regular.

It's enough to drive an insane man sane.

I arrived in AThens last night ready to go out drinking and dancing. Apparently all my friends had run out of petrol because of a strike which started because of the high prices. On monday there is also a taxi driver strike, again brought on by the high prices of petrol. Argh.....

I arrived in AThens last night ready to go out drinking and dancing. Apparently all my friends had run out of petrol because of a strike which started because of the high prices. On monday there is also a taxi driver strike, again brought on by the high prices of petrol. Argh.....

Rach, when I was 16 I can remember the supposed "gas crisis" in Southern California. We had to sometimes wait in lines 2 hours long to get gas, and they doled it out via your license plate number - if the last digit was odd or even. Years later we discovered it was a gas station conspiracy thing where there was never a shortage, but they were able to drive the gas prices up by saying there was.