Dream Weaver?

pbar

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

He played every instrument on Dream Weaver.

Well, almost. He didn't play the drums. :: I'm pretty sure (Gary) had 2 session drummers for the album and Jim Keltner was one of them.

I don't know about the song itself but I do know that for the album, Ronnie Montrose played some guitar. I also believe there were a couple other keyboardists as well (for that album).

Sorry for ramblin' on ... ::

:guitar:

Ant

Ramble on friend.

Sorry 'bout that ... I didn't mean to be a stickler for details :)

While on the same discussion, some also believe Tom Scholz did all the instrumentation for the classic debut, "Boston." I'm sure you know so I won't ramble on ::

Ant

My apologies once again. After I posted it, I went back to re-read and realized your intention.

My first reaction was a conscience act for the sake of not trying to be perceived as (like many cases on the net) a know-it-all.

I really enjoy this site and one of things that I greatly admire is that I haven't seen any flame wars. Maybe there's been some in the past but obviously this place is monitored.

Say, I've been seaching the archives (well, the old threads) and LOL at one of your replies about why you stick to 'powdered water.' Now THAT'S a great sense of humour.

:coolio:

Ant

I share your sentiments ant. I'm very, VERY impressed with this site. The maturity level exceeds all expectations in my book. I believe that in the best of families there will always be arguments and the realization that even though agreements are wonderful, respect of others' beliefs and the pursuit of understanding why, is, in my philosophy, the ultimate creator of character.

My theory about flamers and trolls:

They may find this site, they may anonymously read posts but then realize that the security here would make their presence meaningless.

This site is comprised of people that love music. The subjectiveness alone is a perfect catalyst for offense but I'm proud to say ignorance cannot survive here.

Trolls and flamers realize this which is why, IMO, we never see them and if we do, it's only one post and scram, back to their little bridge or where ever it is that trolls go.

But I'll say again, in a family such as this, disagreements will surface but that should never be looked upon as flames or offense. It is the passion which drives our love for our greatest gift:

Music.

Oh, I love know-it-alls, when they're right. I learn something everytime. ::

I love all of these very polite apologies...reminds me of "A Fish Called Wanda"...

[Otto dangles Archie out a window.]

Archie: All right, all right, I apologize.

Otto: You're really sorry.

Archie: I'm really really sorry, I apologize unreservedly.

Otto: You take it back.

Archie: I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

Otto: OK.

:laughing:

I love all of these very polite apologies...reminds me of "A Fish Called Wanda"...

"Just don't call me stupid, and why would anyone name their daughter after a car?"

The Monty Python boys have always been able to simplify life's great mysteries. The meaning of life, the existence of the holy grail, the belief that every sperm is sacred are all questions they have tackled through the years. Much wisdom can be gained from these men.

On topic:

I love the song "Dream Weaver"

Howard Jones was another artist who played all the instruments on his recordings.

"The central message of Budhism is not 'every man for himself'," Curtis form the same movie.

Sounds like I need to rent A Fish Called Wanda.

In one of the many instances when I've been wrong, I thought "Dream Weaver" was going to be rereleased in 1992 and become a huge hit once again. "Bohemian Rhapsody" was used in the movie Wayne's World, and after Wayne and his buddies grooved to it in Garth's Pacer, the song had massive success when it came out as a single. I was sure "Dream Weaver" was next - it was also used in the movie. Never happened.

In one of the many instances when I've been wrong, I thought "Dream Weaver" was going to be rereleased in 1992 and become a huge hit once again. "Bohemian Rhapsody" was used in the movie Wayne's World, and after Wayne and his buddies grooved to it in Garth's Pacer, the song had massive success when it came out as a single. I was sure "Dream Weaver" was next - it was also used in the movie. Never happened.

I believe there was that intention. On the soundtrack, 'Dream Weaver' got a facelift (LOL - just a term I use when they remix and/or remaster and/or add extras, etc. to a song) so it's quite possible.

Ant

I really enjoy this site and one of things that I greatly admire is that I haven't seen any flame wars. Maybe there's been some in the past but obviously this place is monitored.

Ant

This IS by far my most favorite aspects about being a members and a co moderator here is the level of respect and courtesy that member display, I cannot speak for the administration or the other mods here, but I myself have a huge appreciation for this boards integrity!! Sure we can get a little silly at times, have a "heated" discussion and agree to disagree.

My own personal opservation - I've never seen a flame on this board, the old extinquisher looks worse than a maytag repairman... :laughing:

extinguisher-1.jpg