songs that mention baseball

lizzygannon

"The Boys of Summer" by Don Henley doesn't actually mention the word 'baseball' (I don't think), but that is to what the title refers.

And who can forget that great parody from "The Simpsons"??

"We're talkin' baseball, from Maine to San Diego

Talkin' baseball, Mattingly and Canseco

Ken Griffey's grotesquely swollen jaw

Steve Sax and his run-in with the law

We're talkin' Homer, Ozzie and the Straw."

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Seventh Inning Stretch ~ Gin Blossoms

Home Run ~ Geoff Moore And The Distance

The Greatest ~ Kenny Rogers

(Love Is Like A) Baseball Game ~ The Intruders

Miami - you seem to have an uncontrolable reaction every time baseball is mentioned! ;)

Miami - you seem to have an uncontrolable reaction every time baseball is mentioned! ;)

Yeah, sorry. But to me, baseball isn't, as some people call it, a 'GAME'. Baseball is life, and I'm a huge Red Sox fan. If you've ever noticed, at baseball games - whether or not the Yankees are playing in the game - the fans will start chanting, 'Yankees suck!' (because they do), but I had a hand in starting that whole deal. At a game in Toronto about seven years ago, the Red Sox fans starting chanting, 'Let's Go Red Sox!'. The Toronto fans started booing and hissing, and then chanting, 'Let's go, Blue Jays!'. I started chanting, 'Yankees Suck!' (because they do), quite loudly, and soon 40,000 Blue Jays and Red Sox fans joined in. It was most triumphant. The Blue Jays won the game, 4-1, but it is now commonplace at a baseball game to hear the chant of 'Yankees Suck!' (because they do). I don't think I was the first to start it, but I definitely helped bring it into the mainstream.

And, oh by the way, YANKEES SUCK!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: