Best Guitar players of all time

chinchu

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of those have been.

Thank God. You know, Guitar Magazine did a list of not only the greatest guitarists of all time but the greatest unknown guitarists of all time.

I wish I could find the unknown guitarists list, it had some good names. The guy from Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen was on there.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There are quite a lot of different conceptions of what the greatest guitarist is...is he the fastest...does he scale notes accordingly...does he even have a guitar...lol

The best guitarist doesn't exist because considering all different genres how in the world could one do it all?

Though, one of my favourites is Cale

JJ

My, what a comprehensive video, Sébastien.

Most likely, the best guitar player is sitting in a room perfecting its craft and not worried about being famous or the best.

Just like the best gunslinger, its the one that'll

surely kill you before you even think to grab for the holster!

BTW, good luck on your exam and party after you get 100%.

K?

This next song I've posted before but as far as I'm concerned, he's the greatest guitar player that I know of (living) . . . Classical Gas ~ Tommy Emmanuel

This next song I've posted before but as far as I'm concerned, he's the greatest guitar player that I know of (living) . . . Classical Gas ~ Tommy Emmanuel

I saw Tommy Emmanuel with the Western Australian Symphony Orchestra at the Perth Concert Hall about ten years ago. I don't remember it very well, but I remember it was an excellent concert, and Classical Gas was probably the highlight. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny how country guitarists seldom are included in lists of great guitarists. Vince Gill, Glen Campbell, Roy Clark, Jerry Reed and Albert Lee are, just off the top of my head, five great country pickers.

One Way Rider - Vince Gill, Albert Lee & Danny Gatton

Mercury Blues - Johnny Hiland

Various Solos - Rory Gallagher

It always amazes me that when ever anyone talks about great British guitarists, they never seem to get beyond the triumvirate of Clapton, Page & Beck. I would argue that Rory Gallagher is every bit as good as the other three and is a better slide guitarist than Clapton.

Souped Up Ford - Rory Gallagher