I Love the '90's

Jenny

Ooo Goosebump books! I could read one a day! I hated reading too, but they just turned my brain to mush and i loved it.

Pinky and the Brain, i loved it! One thing it doesnt really mention in there was the disney musicals, how there used to be disney musicals, and well, there arent anymore. I remember when the original Lion King came out, and i was just as giddy as a speed freak on the black market.

Power Rangers, my that was a long time ago. My friends and i used to play of course, and it was right, we were allll tommy! Of course i only liked the old episodes with Rita and they had to mold the monsters out of clay and then they grew them.

One more thing, when i was sick at home from school, i would sit at home and watch Little Bear and Face along with Busytown and if i got lucky i could find The Big Comfy Couch and Dudley the Dragon.

There was another show that i loved, i cant remember the name. It was an older man who was a painter in a puppet like place and he would teach people how to draw. Wish i could remember.

2 of my favourite schoolyard games from the 90's were the stocking game and 4 square. They both got banned though as every break there was at least 1 girl with a scraped knee limping back to classes.

I also remember 2 of my favourite outfits. An oversized pink longsleeve top with a material front with pictures of very 80's looking women on it and silver glittery writing, a denim miniskirt and high tops and my other one was a pair of white cropped ski pants, an oversized white T-shirt with a wide belt and a rose buckle, with an oversized denim jacket and my trusty high tops. There might also have been some extreme side-ponytail action happening... yegh!

Most of that list could be salvaged for the 80's teen as well, except for the commercial pop culture influences. The only thing I had back then was a "skank n' skunk" twangy mullet.

I'm with B-F about "where was I during that era."

--

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

I remember that game, it was both fun & educational, but I kept going bankrupt on bad trade investments & then winded up being killed by the local indian tribe as a result. :(

--