Musicians who also own restaurants

Carl

I'm wondering if there are enough musicians who are at least part owners of restaurants to put a piece together. Here's what we have so far:

Ingrid Croce - Croce's

Jay-Z - 40/40 Club

Ashford & Simpson - Sugar Bar

There's gotta be more. Any ideas?

From Wikipedia:

Rush- Alex Lifeson Aside from music, Lifeson is part owner of the Toronto restaurant The Orbit Room, and is a licensed aircraft pilot, motorcycle rider, and gourmet cook.

I had just read about this the other day because I am nominating Rush in the ten this week :D

Chrissie Hynde opened a vegetarian restaurant in Akron, Ohio

Moby owns TeaNY, a tea shop and vegan restaurant in NYC

J-Lo owns Madres in Pasedena

Gloria Estefan owns a chain of restaurants called Bongos Cuban Cafe

Britney Spears owned NYLA, now defunct

Wikipedia says Justin Timberlake is part owner in several restaurants, though the article named none.

If you want to include theaters as well as restaurants, there is an entire city in Missouri chock full of them. Many have restaurants as well. There's a list of them here at wiki:

Branson Mo

Although Buck has passed there is also the "Crystal Palace" Night Club and Restaurant in Bakersfield, CA, which was owned by Buck Owens for years.

Buddy Guy's Legends Club in Chicago. Great down home food, better entertainment (been there, great place).

Edited by Guest

From Wikipedia:

Rush- Alex Lifeson Aside from music, Lifeson is part owner of the Toronto restaurant The Orbit Room, and is a licensed aircraft pilot, motorcycle rider, and gourmet cook.

I had just read about this the other day because I am nominating Rush in the ten this week :D

I've been told by friends that the food is exceptional.

I was at Buffett's Margaritaville in Negril back in '04. When the waitress asked for the order, I said (half in the bag), "I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french-fried potato. Big kosher pickle and a cold draught beer, good God Almighty, which way do I steer?". I had saved hard to get there, got there, had my moment. She looked at me dead-pan, and said "Yeah, that's original, never heard that before" and left. The most exciting thing about Margaritaville is the fact you are in Jamaica, there are topless girls on the beach, and you are in Jamaica. Other than that the food is nothing you haven't had at an Appleby's/TGI Fridays/insert the name of your favorite chain here. The souvenirs are criminally overpriced. And I love Buffett.

Willie Nelson owns those?

Nope. He's their spokesman and they have do some mutual promotions. You can get some exclusive Wille merchandise at Texas Roadhouse online and you can sit in Willie's Corner and eat your steak if you want. ;)

I *think* he might be a partner in one of the Texas locations, but need to google around a bit and make sure.

"I like mine with lettuce and tomato, Heinz 57 and french-fried potato. Big kosher pickle and a cold draught beer, good God Almighty, which way do I steer?"

Sweet Jesus, man, I'm embarrassed to know you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I went to the Margaritaville in New Orleans and it was fun. Ken's dead on with the food pickins description. It was good, but nothing extraordinary.

Who are the Hard Rock Cafes owned by? I always thought the rock and roll industry artists had their hands in those...

Nope. He's their spokesman and they have do some mutual promotions. You can get some exclusive Wille merchandise at Texas Roadhouse online and you can sit in Willie's Corner and eat your steak if you want. ;)

I *think* he might be a partner in one of the Texas locations, but need to google around a bit and make sure.

South Austin; I've eaten there