Iran's President: "No One Likes Americans"

Ken

I'm glad somebody else noticed this: I thought perhaps I was just imagining it. I held back my comments for fear of being banned, what with the primary offenders being Site Moderators and all.

If I were a Muslim, I would not feel welcome on this web-site. I feel that some of the unpleasant statements posted in this thread do a grave disservice to the posters themselves and to the site's good name.

Thousands of innocent people die because of beliefs like this. Whatever happened to "Smile on your brother?"

Signed,

Disgusted UK

I agree with you and j-g on that first bit... and I almost commented on that second quote myself.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickey Said:Iran and Iraq have always been trouble makers of the middle east in my lifetime. The US needs a weapons/military test area, anyone have any BETTER suggestions? My point exactly.

I would look a bit closer to home if I were you. Unfortunately, and I say this with no pride whatsoever, the UK and the US have been the biggest stirrers in the Middle East for nearly a century now and for all of my lifetime.

I don't know what history books you read (if any) but British imperialism and US greed and manipulation have been at the bottom of all of the conflicts in the middle east.

And it's not racist to point that out!

:P

Alright , I'm going to grab your thunder and roll with it ...

Without a doubt , US and British oil/ security interests are involved in the whole mess back since the first world war .

As for a 'test area ' , I hope that like minded individuals wouldn't want to count the Trade Towers in that equation , but they were - just seen from the other side .

I'm not sure if the original poster was aware of the '60's and '70s , however , Syria , Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt , but more importantly terrorist groups within each and supported by said states to some extent , were far more frightening - and more to the point of what is going wrong - than the present or recent claims of Iraq and Iran .

Alright , I'm going to grab your thunder and roll with it ...

Without a doubt , US and British oil/ security interests are involved in the whole mess back since the first world war .

As for a 'test area ' , I hope that like minded individuals wouldn't want to count the Trade Towers in that equation , but they were - just seen from the other side .

I'm not sure if the original poster was aware of the '60's and '70s , however , Syria , Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt , but more importantly terrorist groups within each and supported by said states to some extent , were far more frightening - and more to the point of what is going wrong - than the present or recent claims of Iraq and Iran .

The original poster saw a story on CNN and shared it. End of the story.

Speaking of Randy Newman, I ran scross this song on "Randy Newman Live" way back when there was a dustup in Vietnam.

Yellow Man by Randy Newman

Very far away in a foreign land

Live the yellow woman and the yellow man

He's been around for many-a-year

They say they were there before we were here

Eatin' rice all day

While the children play

You see he believes

In the family

Just like you and me

Oh, yellow man, oh, yellow man

We understand, you know we understand

He keeps his money tight in his hand

With his yellow woman he's a yellow man

Got to have a yellow woman

When you're a yellow man

On the LP, Randy inroduced it as a "Pinhead's view of the world," so I thought the song was funny, in a "The Good Earth" kind of way. On reflection, Randy Newman could play a passable "Charlie Chan," especially if it was a musical. =:P

• 1 month later...