Iran's President: "No One Likes Americans"

Ken

That cat reminds me of the Soviet tank-destroying dogs of WWII. They were trained to find food beneath tanks. The poor pooches were sent to chase German tanks in the hope of a meal with explosives strapped to their backs and a trip-switch in an upright position so when the mutt ran beneath the tank, the switch hit the underside and KABOOMMMM!!!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't want the US as a neighbour for the simple reason that a large sector of the population would cross the border to enjoy our social security and free healthcare... We have 'issues' at the moment with immigration - the UK is the destination of choice for much of eastern europe's migrant population for those very reasons. Its an indicator of a civilised society I guess, but one that forces hundreds of thousands of English people to emigrate each year...

I still feel that "Ahmabigdickwad"*'s remarks were about the coalition forces of occupation, rather than about "Americans", and that there's no particular need to leap to the defence of America(ns).

It is patently untrue that the world hates America. We can't get enough of: its juggernaut-like entertainment industry- the "movies", "Desperate Housewives", MTV (grunge-lite, r'n'b, hip-hop), and the iconic food-brands such as McDonalds, Kentucky Fried, Coca Cola which are enjoyed the world over. The list of American stuff of which the world can't get enough is almost endless.

* That is soooo funny; it must have been lifted from Borat, right? :D

We have 'issues' at the moment with immigration - the UK is the destination of choice for much of eastern europe's migrant population for those very reasons. Its an indicator of a civilised society I guess, but one that forces hundreds of thousands of English people to emigrate each year...

Are you Morrissey? Are you Morrissey? Are you Morrissey in disguise?

Are you Morrissey in disguise?

(to the tune of "Bread Of Heaven")

Canada, Australia and New Zealand mostly (same as where Germans go) :jester: :jester:

but I fully agree with what b-f said. the whole notion that "everybody" hates Americans is so ridiculous, that I wouldn't even have bothered to reply or argue against it...

Edited by Guest

Yeah I hate Nazis. Epecially Illinois Nazis.

(The term "Illinois Nazis" is from the movie "The Blues Brothers". One of the best movies of all time.)

I read that over my lunch. Four fried chickens, and a Coke. And some dry white toast for my brother.

over 300X Blue...

I don't mean you :doh: we have enough of them running around here :/

I was merely commenting on the casual approach to that topic and the (in my ears) strange sounding analogies such as "Illinois Nazi", "Soup Nazi", "Grammar Nazi" and other phrases I heard over the years

Here, there would be an outrage about such comparisons, for the simple reason that nothing and nobody can be compared to that time and people...

some additional thoughts:

- every country has had it's dark days in history

- WW2 ended more than 60 years ago

- Germans in general are pretty nice people

- Americans too

- can we please stop this discussion (and go back to the original topic)

- what is a "German Chocolate Cake"?

:P

Edited by Guest