Iran's President: "No One Likes Americans"

Ken

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wie sagt Mann 'cool' auf Deutsch?

"cool" :grin: es wird praktisch genauso verwendet (es sei denn es geht um Temperaturen ;) )

... ansonsten "toll", "super" oder "geil"

und wenn du das Jägermeister video magst, dann mit Sicherheit auch das hier: Wahlkampf

und natürlich magst du die Ärzte, sie sind ja nicht umsonst "Die Beste Band der Welt" :rockon: :bow: :bow:

I really don't like the German language, no offence Martin, I still love you :P

I don't like Americans too, meaning their way of living/thinking/acting/.. there's so many bad thing of that coming over the ocean to us.

But as for individual americans, most of them I do like and get along with.

That would sound abit contradictory but I'm not sure how to put it otherwise (I just realised I still got alot of English to learn!)

Edited by Guest

I really don't like the German language, no offence Martin, I still love you :P

I don't like Americans too, meaning their way of living/thinking/acting/.. there's so many bad thing of that coming over the ocean to us.

But as for individual americans, most of them I do like and get along with.

That would sound abit contradictory but I'm not sure how to put it otherwise (I just realised I still got alot of English to learn!)

Just interested in the "living/thinking/acting" of Americans you are referring to.

Hmmm... ein Komodie vielleicht

how about a tragycomedy?

Good Bye Lenin! (watch the trailer)

you can see quite a bit about the peculiar months between the fall of the Berlin Wall and the reunification here... dunno if that's very interesting for you though :)

Lola rennt (Run Lola Run) is more Action than Comedy, but it has great camera works, great soundtrack and great actors :)

I tried long and hard to think of some really funny movies, but I'm not sure if you would "get" the humour of it :P

you could try Der Wixxer (do you know Edgar Wallace movies?)

or a classic from the first Werner movie: Werner plays a Sports reporter (German)

maybe I can think of something more usefull tomorrow :crazy:

PS you can check out this maybe it helps :)

Edited by Guest

I can't think of another country I would rather have as a neighbour (except perhaps New Zealand or Australia) than the United States. Sure, Americans can be a bit brash and occasionally sanctimonious, but they have enormous hearts. Unlike many European countries these days, if they say they're going to do something, they do it, they don't just talk about it. And some questionable foreign policy decisions aside, they are always the first country to respond with aid when a natural disaster strikes anywhere in the world. (Which does make me wonder why FEMA and other U.S. government agencies were so slow to respond after Hurrican Katrina.)

For all you do, neighbour, take a bow. :thumbsup:

I can't think of another country I would rather have as a neighbour (except perhaps New Zealand or Australia) than the United States. Sure, Americans can be a bit brash and occasionally sanctimonious, but they have enormous hearts. Unlike many European countries these days, if they say they're going to do something, they do it, they don't just talk about it. And some questionable foreign policy decisions aside, they are always the first country to respond with aid when a natural disaster strikes anywhere in the world. (Which does make me wonder why FEMA and other U.S. government agencies were so slow to respond after Hurrican Katrina.)

For all you do, neieghbour, take a bow. :thumbsup:

The only other country I'd rather have as a neighbor is maybe Switzerland because of the blondes that talk like the Swedish Chef. Other than that, the 'States make an awesome neighbor. I get through the border faster than a McDonalds Drive-Thru and the guy you talk to is more pleasant than the McDonalds guy. Like Chuck Berry sez, hamburgers sizzle on an open grille night and day. You can choogle up to one of those Sam's Club places and buy a vat of shampoo for a buck ninety nine. As for being brash, consider this: you go over there and there is an American flag everywhere. Small ones on windshields, Ginormous ones on flagpoles. Tattooed to their citizens, on the back of jackets, you name it. So over the top it's comical. On the flipside, in Canada, on bloody well Canada day (July 1st), your hard pressed to find one anywhere. At least they are proud. I am ashamed of the lack of patriotism over here. We got all proud of our nationality (for about ten minutes) over a G.D. beer commercial. As for their sanctimoniousness (blew the spelling, sorry, and I think it's the wrong choice of word), yeah they have that Limbaugh guy and O'Rilley, and what's-her-name there, Anne Coulter, but for each of those people, you have a Jon Stewart David Letterman Conan O'Brien Steven Colbert gleefully pointing out nightly what a stooge their president is. (And with a 29% approval rating, the citizenry lets the world know what they think of their prez.)

Every time I see the shuttle take off I am envious to the nines of the 'States. I've been there when that damn thing took off and thought Damn lookit that. And they have built success on the back of failure. They put not one, but dig it, twelve men on the moon. And if you are one of those kooks that think it was a conspiracy, well, with your head that far up your arse you have your own set of problems. Their military is guided by their government and there is no doubt that perhaps the latest war is at the best, questionable, but the men and women that comprise that military force obey and serve their country. Our Canadian military (get this, it's 100% truth) hasn't the manpower, resources, or funds available to mobilize itself from St. John's New Brunswick to Vancouver. For those of you challenged geographically, that's one side of our country to the other. We rely on you for protection. No, really.

I'm diving in Ohio next weekend. It takes me an hour and a half to get there. I'll pay the twelve bucks to get into the quarry, and Mike behind the counter will smile when he see's me and say "Hi Ken", and grin when I give him a box of Smarties (like M&M's, only Canadian). He'll shake my hand. My friend Mike. And I'll make my way down to the pit where I'll hook up with some pals from Michigan. And Illinois. And Ontario. They'll be happy to see me. And I'll be happy to see them. My friends. No one likes Americans? I think Ahmabigdickwad has anal/cranial inversion syndrome.