Best Worst Singers.

Tony Baloni

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read this thread, never managed to get around to it before now. I want to stand up for Janis, Stevie, and Tom Petty. I would never call them bad singers. Each one has a unique voice, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I would've never put them in this thread. But I know people who feel the same as some here that they aren't good. And them being famous has nothing to do with being popular, it has to do with amazing talent. Britney is famous because she is popular, not because she is talented. So bless Stevie, Janis, and Tom Petty for sharing their wonderful voices with us that love them!

:soapbox:

Being included in this list isn't insulting, it's just that technically, they're not good singers. Ie they'd have a hard time getting into a professional choir. That's the great thing about rock and roll, you don't technically have to be a good musician, as long as you sound good.

Being included in this list isn't insulting, it's just that technically, they're not good singers. Ie they'd have a hard time getting into a professional choir. That's the great thing about rock and roll, you don't technically have to be a good musician, as long as you sound good.

Tim, I understand your point about "technically", but even artists that haven't been listed on this thread I still would not list as "technically" good. When I think of an artist falling into the "technically" category I would think of opera singers. Very fine tuned with years of technical training. That being said, Janis and Stevie have amazing voices that come from their soul and sound beautiful.

A Women Left Lonely ~ Janis

Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

Both Stevie and Janis are great singers and good musicians. I would listen to them every hour of every day before I would listen to a "technically" good artist who felt nothing when they sang.

Tim, I understand your point about "technically", but even artists that haven't been listed on this thread I still would not list as "technically" good. When I think of an artist falling into the "technically" category I would think of opera singers. Very fine tuned with years of technical training. That being said, Janis and Stevie have amazing voices that come from their soul and sound beautiful.

A Women Left Lonely ~ Janis

Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

Both Stevie and Janis are great singers and good musicians. I would listen to them every hour of every day before I would listen to a "technically" good artist who felt nothing when they sang.

I admit, I'm a bit confused... wasn't exactly that Tim's point? :confused:

Farin, I took what Tim said as that it's ok because Stevie and Janis sound good but they aren't good musicians. But they are, Janis could write and play guitar, and Stevie...well she is a gifted musician. But I could've misunderstood his point, afterall what do I know anyway. :P

That wasn't exactly my point. There's a difference between technical skill and musicality. Janis and Stevie have amazing musicality, and that's why they're awesome. Trust me, I'd never put down Janis Joplin in any way. :thumbsup: