Songfacts Picks Compilation CD

MindCrime

Hi... I'm going to make a CD with songs chosen by the members of Songfacts as a small side project to remind me of this site's dedicated members. Please recommend your one all time favorite tune. I'm looking for around 16 picks by different members to fill in. Thanks for your input ;)

After many years of thought, I've decided that Walk On The Wild Side by Lou Reed is my all time favourite song. It has such sentimental value for me, and it's just the perfect song musically and lyrically. AND it has the coolest moment in rock music history in it, in my humble opinion. "All right ... Ha!" :cool: So that's my choice.

1. Silver Springs

2. Never Thought

3. Walk on the Wild Side

Here's two, and since you live in the same place as me, you'll know these are both natives here.

2. Never Thought ~ Refreshments

Did you happen to catch their live show during the Super Bowl Weekend?

I caught half of it on Channel 3, while at a party. Pretty good performance :thumbsup:

Hmm, shall I pick something Hawaiian, Pop, Jazz, Classical, Folk, New Age or Country?

If you must know, a long time favorite of mine has been:

"Home In The Islands" performed by The Brothers Cazimero. or,

"Speedball Tucker" performed by Jim Croce.

Too esoteric? OK, I'll make it easier.

"California Dreamin'/Dreaming" performed either by Jose Feliciano or Karen Carpenter. :jester:

Edited by Guest
Speilung errah

I was thinking about my "Desert Island Discs" just the other day. Here are the only three tracks that I was certain would feature in my "Top 8"

"Police And Thieves" - Junior Murvin

"Babylon's Burning" - The Ruts

"Expressway To Yr. Skull" - Sonic Youth

For your purposes, I would probably recommend "Police And Thieves".

Did you happen to catch their live show during the Super Bowl Weekend?

I caught half of it on Channel 3, while at a party. Pretty good performance :thumbsup:

No I didn't catch that one... but I will tell you if you liked what little bit you saw, you would love the entire show. His new release party is at the Celebrity on March 15, but you should wait and go next time he's at the Marquee. Those shows will blow you away. And they're cheap! :grin: