Newbie here - Need Song suggestion

Grammiel

Hi! I am making a DVD for my daughter and son-in-law. On it I am including two slide shows of pictures of their 2 year old son and 3 month old daughter. On the slideshow for my granddaughter, I have attached, "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride, but I haven't decided on anthing for my grandson's part. Does anyone have suggestions for a song about boys? I did think of "The Greatest" by Kenny Rogers. Any other ideas? Any genre of music is fine - except RAP. Thanks! :D

Thanks so much! I will listen to those tonight. I downloaded "In my daughter's eyes" last night from Walmart's download site, and it came in as a wma file. I have software to convert cd tracks to mp3 and mp3 to wav files, but now I need to find one to convert the wma's to mp3s. :stars: Any suggestions for that?

Oh yeah, you all forgot the greatest song ever written from a parent to child viewpoint *at this point Scott is giggling to himself, holding back tears of laughter*

Arms Wide Open-Creed

*Scott loses it*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Funny thing Cosmosis... I was going to tell Grammiel to PM you to see if you had any answers before I saw your post.

I did go to that link you posted and tried one converter, however, it says that WMA files that are DRM protected can not be converted.

Lately, those WMA files that I downloaded off of MusicMatch have been driving me crazy!! A few months ago, I uninstalled the Music Match player, and went with a previous-more liked-version of the same MM player. I tried to play those WMA files it wouldn't do it! It required the most recent version of MM to play it. I did manage to burn those WMA files onto a CD which played fine in my truck CD player, but now that whole CD skips! COASTER!!

Even now, when I play those WMA files in WINAMP (Thanks, again, for that suggestion! :thumbsup:) those songs dont play right. It is like everytime one of those WMA comes one the player 'hiccups' for lack of a better word.

At this point I dont have a whole lot invested in WMA files, so I can always go to the Russian site and download MP3's from AllofMP3.com. (I am starting to wish I did that originally! )

Anyway, Grammiel, if you find a way to convert your WMA files to MP3 let me know.

Grammiel, would you mind letting me know what program you are using to create your slideshow? I am looking for a slideshow programs that allows you to 'synch' photos along with lyrics in the song. So far the only programs I know that do that are PowerPoint, and Swishmax (from Swishzone.com). I played with Windows Movie Maker for less than 20 minutes and thought that this program could do it but it seemed like it would be time consuming.

Thanks for listening! ::

Well, Microsoft has done it again. I remmember there used to be free encoders which let you convert wma>mp3, but I guess now you gotta pay M$ if you wanna make a program that does so. Same thing with wmv for video. And for WMP to do so, you gotta buy the plugin if you wanna encode to mp3.

I got two suggestions:

1. Stay away from propietary formats, specially ones owned by M$. I think mp3 it's owed by a comercial company, but there's so much good, free software for it.

2. The audio edit program I use lets you open any format and then save to any format. It's called Goldwave, but it probably works with Windows formats cuz it's rather old (2001), but it does pretty much everything I need in an editor. Then again its a comercial program.

I would go with suggestion #1...

good luck

Thanks for all of the suggestions, guys! I really appreciate it. I am really anxious to listen to Beautiful Boy, but I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of it yet. I did find a great song on a CD album that I already had called Godspeed by the Dixie Chicks (yeah, I know - The Dixie Chicks), but on of them was writing it for her baby son. It is very appropriate for what I am doing. Thanks again for all the suggestions. :thumbsup: PDX, I PMed you with info on my slideshow software.

OK, I re-read pdxchump's post and realized the audio files have some kind of copy protection. I would suggest using a software recorder such as Total Recorder which records every sound that takes place in the computer including movies games and music, without having to go through the sound card.

going off to bed now........................................................................