Awesomely Terrible Music Videos

Tenacious_Peaches

We have a few threads about videos we enjoy, but none that celebrate the cheesy craptasticness that the medium can produce.

Therefore, I am pleased to present to you, my glorious Songfactor family, one of the most terrible videos I have ever laid my eyes upon...

Abracadabra - Steve Miller Band

:laughing: What are your favorite bad videos?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I wanna reach out and grab ya"-Lyrics have never been finer kids.

I loves me some craptastic-treat your eyes to these, or dare yourself to look away.

mirrors and tin foil a fabulously horrible video make

Somehow, I can't imagine a better video for this kickass song. It is godawful and tacky, but nobody since has been able to reproduce such low-quality vids. Why? Because it lacks the genuine artistic zeitgeist.

I was about to nominate a music video, but, God damn, I love the song waaay too much to consider anything related to it as imperfect :cool:

AS much as i love AC/DC they were neverf too great at making music videos, especially in the later years (with Brian Johnson singing).

They did some cool videos that were ok to watch in the 70's with Bon Scott, but since then they've mostly just shown themselves up on stage (with the exception of You Shook Me All Night Long).

As Angus Young had told an interviewer for Much Music: "Our videos are fairly simple. We're an ugly bunch of lads so we just show ourselves doing what we do."

Just watch any AC/DC video from 1981-2007 and you'll see what I mean.

Batman, I know it's hard to believe, but that EW&F video was way ahead of its time. Those effects were the shiznit back then: rainbow trails, lasers, soft border wipes, DVE moves. Trust me, the compositing was state of the art for the time.

For your consideration, I bring you Rick Springfield. Remember, this guy was a professional actor, and this was the best he could do. Be sure to wait for the mirror scene.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw this on VH1 Classic and nearly fell out of my chair recoiling at the horror of it all. You can actually see Grace Slick looking around and thinking to herself, "How the &*^% did I get from White Rabbit to this?" Then again, she may have been looking around for her coke dealer.

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship

MTV's worst video of all time

Heartbeat-Don Johnson

a celebrity panel of hosts destroyed this video by mixing the tape in a blender and then drinking it afterwards.

\

...one of the most terrible videos I have ever laid my eyes upon...

Abracadabra - Steve Miller Band

According to VH1 this was a Top Ten Video of the 80's, being one of the first #1's to play on MTV.

• 1 month later...

and now check out the more sophisticated version for European consumption...note how much more sensual the looks...how much more balletic the moves.

Yes, and instead of the back-up dancers from the Grambling University marching band she now has guys from La Cage Aux Folle. (not that there's anything wrong with that) LOL