Death's

Danielj

I am 13 and have personally sworn to myself that I will never do drugs. Think of who they have killed!

-Jimi Hendrix-#1 guitarist all-time(some may argue,not many)

-Syd Barrett-Jim Morrison

Just three of many greats who had so much more to offer.

Any other Favorites who died (or in Barret's case went insane) from drug use?

Yeah I know what ya mean, but like hendrix was hugely famous, and drugs were on hand to him 24/7 but yeah, Its such a shame, their couldve been many more great songs, R.I.P

I know Kurt Cobain commited suicide but he took 3 times the lethal amount of herion, I know he wasnt as good as hendrix on guitar, but I think he was an amazing lyricist :bow:

I never compared him to Jimmy hendrix, you asked which artists we liked that died, due to drug abuse, I told you, you shouldnt ask people what they think, then slam their opinion

kurt cobain can't be compared to Hendrix. Read the lyrics to 'The Wind Cries Mary' Jimi Lyrics

Much better than Cobain's

'I'm so hornyy that's okay my will is good'

But yes he was a good musician/singer/songwriter

I believe Syd Barrett is still alive and living in seclusion somewhere. However, drugs did ruin his career and his mind. But his mind was a bit whacky to begin with. But you're right...don't do crack.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

W-w-well, f-first t-they, snap t-the bball, and they g-give it to the the qu-quarterback, and t-t-then I try to tackle the quarterback, b-but sometimes the qu-quarterback throws the b-b-ball, and t-then I have t-to t-tackle t-the guy t-that he t-threw the ball to.

"Which brings me to my next point kids....Don't do crack" :jester:

(twilight zone music plays in background)

As far as Jim Morrison's death goes, no one was never really sure of what caused it, the reason on his birth certificate sais 'heart attack' which many attribute to a heroin overdose, though Morrison never cared for heroin, mainly because he was terrified of needles, and the only person to actually see him 'dead' was his girlfriend, when all of the Doors came to France to see his body, he was already in a sealed coffin, and the doctor that his girlfriend had grabbed to confirm his death, the one that signed the death certificate, was never tracked down.

(an eerie wind howls by)

W-w-well, f-first t-they, snap t-the bball, and they g-give it to the the qu-quarterback, and t-t-then I try to tackle the quarterback, b-but sometimes the qu-quarterback throws the b-b-ball, and t-then I have t-to t-tackle t-the guy t-that he t-threw the ball to.

"Which brings me to my next point kids....Don't do crack" :jester:

It took me a few seconds but I got it....that's "The Waterboy", right??

:afro: :coolio:

Syd Barret is still alive. He comes out sporadically to collect royalty money.

Heroin kill people everyday everywhere, but imagine how pink floyd, doors, beatles and countless others would have sound without trying cannabis and lsd. yet they are not for the weak of mind or partially tilted.

I am 13 and have personally sworn to myself that I will never do drugs.

Oh, good choice. Untill legalized, you never know what is it they are giving you. Also mixing pills and liquor and some other stuff can easily kill ya. I've seen some of my friends come very close to death, and believe me, it's not easy for anyone. Also one of my friends almost had her kid taken away.

Syd Barret is still alive. He comes out sporadically to collect royalty money.

Heroin kill people everyday everywhere, but imagine how pink floyd, doors, beatles and countless others would have sound without trying cannabis and lsd. yet they are not for the weak of mind or partially tilted.

What he said. Oh yeah, and don't do crack.

:afro: :afro: :afro:

Here's some more insight on celebrity death

"It's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation? Is the head dead yet?

You know the boys in the newsroom got a running bet

Get the widow on the set, we need dirty laundry"

Here I'm being serious

I'll admit, even though I don't partake in said 'weed', I like to hang out with stoners. Mainly because they're funny as hell, and they like the same music as me (you know Floyd, Beatles, etc,)

You'd be surprised who all would do it (honor students, computer whizes, straight-A types) but it just doesn't matter that much to me.

A lot of the guys I hang out with I've known since the fourth grade, so I never could just abanden them, so I set up a few 'ground rules'

1)No one ever drives stoned. Either keep someone sober, or call me.

2)If I find out someone has started doing something 'hard' I will turn them in.

3)If anybody even comes close to doing heroin, I will turn them in (same rule for meth)

There are a few more, but those are more for them so that they don't get caught (you know, like 'don't call your parents when you're stoned, even though that might sound like a funny idea at the time)

Oh yeah I forgot the most important rule of them all

'Don't do crack'

Also as far as things go (at least in my area) there are three 'main' branches of 'drug people' (how else do I phrase that)

Tokers (a.k.a 'potheads')-They smoke pot, that's it.

Stoners-like a toker, except will occaisionally dabble in a hullucinegenic

Druggie-does everything (stay away from druggies!!!! they are not fun like the tokers and the stoners, druggies will turn violent! They'll load up on coke, speed, smack, crack (added that for you sammy) and pills and whatever they can find and beat the s*** out of you!)

There we go, I like to psychoanalyze things, and there's my little thing on drug use. But really the most important thing to remember is this

'It's really funny to see a bunch of guys discussing the mystical world of the Matrix in delayed reaction mode' :jester:

Oh, good choice. Untill legalized, you never know what is it they are giving you. Also mixing pills and liquor and some other stuff can easily kill ya. I've seen some of my friends come very close to death, and believe me, it's not easy for anyone. Also one of my friends almost had her kid taken away.

Even if all recreational drugs were legalised, there's no telling what they could do to you.....a lot depends on your state of mind and your body chemistry. If you do ANY drugs, you have know that you can control it...and that's the problem! If something like acid or ecstacy gets into your brain, it can react in a variety of ways...and sometimes its good and sometimes its just not funny at all! Also, the long-term effcts of taking drugs over a prolonged period will leave you with the same number of brain cells as a mushroom!

Great people who have died from drugs...I've got a feeling that both John Bonham and Keith Moon were victims of a combination of drugs and drink (and then choking on their own vomit). Nice way to go. Not. :thumbsdown: Just say "no" to drugs. And don't EVER do them alone!!! Trust me.

Well said Martin. My advice to anybody considering taking drugs is make sure you are somewhere you feel safe with people you trust and don't be tempted to take as much as those around you who have done it before.

Its pointless telling people to 'just say no', as this is no help at all and won't stop someone doing something they want to do. It would be better to emphasise the 'Russian roulette' aspect to drug taking, with proper explanation of the health and social risks associated with each substance.

Regards