Kevin

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Done ! :D

I think I've got it straightened out now :

Songfactors 4 (Head to head ): Kevin, RJ , Phil, Lucky, Carl ,Sammy

Songfactors IV ( Points ): Kevin , Seeker ,Laurie , Rayzor, CanAm, Sammy , (RonJon ?)

Edited by Guest

Fantasy Baseball IV : Sammy Chokes

I still don't get the title of this one. Hey! If by some million-to-one shot, Sammy should happen to NOT finish on top this year, it WOULD NOT be bcause he choked. It would most likely be due to a SUBPAR YEAR by the men he pays eight figures a year to perform for him.

Contrary to popular belief, Sammy is NOT God. Nor is he the fantasy baseball equivalent of John Wooden.

Good luck to all who entered and who dare come up against me. And GO SOX!!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

The points league (IV) is a pretty good horse race - unfortunately , I seem to be riding a donkey at present . :P RJ is holding steady in the lead these days.

The head to head is also pretty close and an interesting change. RJ is bringing up the rear there, though, to everyone's satisfaction . :cool:

We've been using league PT's, Joe , but as everyone seems to be understanding what's going on and playing well , we'll likely drop them soon and use this thread more . Many of the superstars aren't showing up yet. I've got both Howard and Ortiz and sadly have to decide who should ride the bench every other day or so , as they are both hitting around .170 .

• 1 month later...

what's this about? :P

It's a baseball game from Yahoo! , Viaene . Each person gets a team of actual baseball players from the real MLB and then you get points for them depending on how they perform in real life each day . It is not a video game or the like , as some have thought before . It 's a game based on statistics .

I'm wondering why Sammy didn't start Halladay against Joba and the Yanks today ? Seemed like a safe start , and turned out alright . You just didn't notice him playing today ( tell me that's the reason -please ! ) ? :confused:

I'm a bit suspicious because Sammy has played head to head before ... keeping your ERA/WHIP low for better matchups , perhaps ? :stars:

One thing I've noticed is that you have to be careful if your SP pitching is mostly mid-week during a matchup in this game , as you have less opportunity to make up for bad outings- especially blown or crappy saves . Most of your SP's may only have one go at it . Gotta be more selective as the 21 inning min. is still not difficult to reach usually .