There Will Be Blood vs. No Country for Old Men

Batman

This is quite a departure from the usual Coen Brothers' fare. My husband saw No Country For Old Men and he was haunted by the sheer violence of the movie. He enjoyed the movie (thought the ending could have been better), but just be prepared for a lot of violence.

I will be eternally torn between TWBB and NCFOM

I mean, TWBB is P.T Anderson in top form... I mean Magnolia is so perfect he could have just stopped making movies, or made Magnolia over and over again, but instead he went for making original films over and over (yes, I know it's based on the Sinclair book... but it's still a very original film)

TWBB also has the milkshake scene!

and that great theme of corporate takeover and religion, and the combination of the two

TWBB also has that Johnny Greenwood score!

And as an oscar sidenote, the academy needs to deliver an apology to PTA for awarding Crash the best pic nom... Crash is to put it simply and with a fair amount of crass... the excrement that Magnolia leaves behind after a full meal of Indian food.

But....

NCFOM, was soooo awesome, just a great old time western, as done by the Coens, I mean, a sheriff, a man in black, a gruff hero... badass!

and that silent shotgun that Shigur uses, ZZIIP!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally saw No Country. I loved the bad guy, I can't remember his name haha, but it was definitely a really sweet movie. I like how the ending wasn't really an ending, in the stereotypical sense, where everything comes together and loose ends get tied up, it was a lot more realistic, and there was no clear triumph, of good or bad. I thought the actor playing the sociopathic guy did a really good job, he really pulled off the role of unstoppable evil.