considering the 1-year filmmaking program at the International Academy of F

jsuarezcutie

Jamie here, i've been interested in filmmaking ever since i got my own handycam in 7th grade. Didn't pursue my passion until about two years ago when i decided that i wanted to take filmmaking from being a hobby to being my full time career. I put together my ideas and plans and went out to find funding, that didn't turn out so well as I wasn't formally trained. I'm now based in asia, teaching English as a Second Language, and i am scouting for some film schools in the region. One school that caught my attention is the International Academy of Film and Television . I was hoping anyone in the forum is currently enrolled in any of their film programs, i would really like to hear an insiders opinion.. :):);)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I heard about california Film school but I'm now based in asia. well, I am now studying at INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF FILM AND TELEVISION. or IAFT, wow! it's awesome the place and the people around me, after school I can go surfing and scuba diving in the beach near the School. What i love most is the hands on training in filmmaking.. If your interested just visit this site www.filmschool.ph

Hi,

right now im in filmmaking 401. And I'm kinda busy now because we are launching a new program its called the CRAZY FILMMAKER Program. This 2-year filmmaking residency with Bigfoot Entertainment is real-world education at its best.It’s crazy because this program will immerse the students in actual commercial productions. Each year, they get to work on one international feature film shot in 35mm, TV commercials, corporate videos, multi-camera live events, Fashion TV (FTV) shows, and multi-media.

It’s crazy because IAFT will give each student who finishes the program a MacPro with Final Cut Pro, one terabyte external hard drive, and one HD camera - all worth at least $5,000 (USD)!

It’s crazy because the students will learn the skills and the craft of filmmaking by actually working as part of the below-the-line film crew. The Crazy students will direct scenes of the movie as “second unit†directors. They get to edit scenes that will earn them a movie credit if the edit is chosen!

It’s crazy because we teach skilled labor film set positions not normally taught at most film schools. The CRAZY FILMMAKER Program focuses on the other 90% of positions while still touching on the usual 10%. And the students leave the film school with these marketable skills needed to break into the film industry!

It’s crazy because IAFT is the only film school in the world whose Crazy students will be using the world-famous RED camera, which, in the words of Steven Soderberg (Erin Brokovich, Ocean’s Eleven), is "the camera (he’s) been waiting for in (his) whole career."

If you wanna know more about it, just check www.filmschool.ph ..... thanks