On the air...

Carl

I'll be on KMOX in St. Louis at 4:10 EST today (2/7) to talk about campaign songs.

This morning, I did a call-in with KPAM in Portland, Oregon to discuss it. They thought Songfacts was really cool, and I learned that Frank Sinatra performed "High Hopes" for JFK.

:)

I'll be on KMOX in St. Louis at 4:10 EST today (2/7) to talk about campaign songs.

This morning, I did a call-in with KPAM in Portland, Oregon to discuss it. They thought Songfacts was really cool, and I learned that Frank Sinatra performed "High Hopes" for JFK.

I'm a big Sinatra fan. The dude was smooooooth!!!

The song is a classic rendition...

Everyone is voting for Jack

Cause he's got what all the rest lack

Everyone wants to back -- Jack

Jack is on the right track.

'Cause he's got high hopes

He's got high hopes

Nineteen Sixty's the year for his high hopes.

Come on and vote for Kennedy

Vote for Kennedy

And we'll come out on top!

Oops, there goes the opposition - ker -

Oops, there goes the opposition - ker -

Oops, there goes the opposition - KERPLOP!

K--E--DOUBLE N--E--D--Y

Jack's the nation's favorite guy

Everyone wants to back -- Jack

Jack is on the right track.

'Cause he's got high hopes

He's got high hopes

Nineteen Sixty's the year for his high hopes.

Come on and vote for Kennedy

Vote for Kennedy

Keep America strong.

Kennedy, he just keeps rollin' - a -

Kennedy, he just keeps rollin' - a -

Kennedy, he just keeps rollin' along.

Oh shoot, I wish I'd known earlier, that's my hometown talk radio station! I've listened to KMOX for years and years! The original station of THE Cardinal Nation. The station is now associated with Geritol and AARP, but it's still cool! :D :thumbsup:

Way to go Carl! :)

Oh shoot, I wish I'd known earlier, that's my hometown talk radio station! I've listened to KMOX for years and years! The original station of THE Cardinal Nation. The station is now associated with Geritol and AARP, but it's still cool! :D :thumbsup:

Way to go Carl! :)

The Cardinals are now associated with Geritol and AARP too, aren't they?

It turns out that Paul Harris worked at the same radio station I did - WHCN in Hartford. He was the morning guy back in the '80s. I knew the name but didn't make the connection. He does a great show and it's pretty impressive how it shows up on his blog about an hour later.

For all of you in Joplin, Missouri, I'll be on 1310 AM KZRG Monday at 8:20am EST.

Much thanks to Ron for helping make this happen.

I think Paul Harris has been at KMOX several years now, at least 5 or 6. He's cool and his show is good.

The interview was great Carl, not just you (although you do sound great), the interview was really interesting. Definately the kind of thing I stop to listen to anyway. Good job! :)

Fear not Lucky. You can hear the interview on KMOX.com and on Paul Harris' Blog. This one was a lot of fun.

BTW, a few days ago he had some dude named Barack Obama on the show.

Obama was across the street from my offices yesterday, a co-worker of mine ran over to the cafeteria and snapped a picture of him with his cell-phone. Another co-worker suggested I go over there, I said, "I'm busy, and my clients come before anyone when I'm at work".