Strange Coincidence and "Connections"

Catherine

Everyone has an artist they feel connected to through music, but what about strange coincidences and other connections that are really bizarre. Does anyone have any?

I have always been very much intrigued by Jim Morrison but never felt any connection with the man - he is physically long gone, though his spirit lives on through his music.

There are some rather strange "Jim" coincidences in my life, and while extremely bizarre (though true), I know that they are just coincidence, and they mean nothing.

Jim was 25 years older than me

My son was born 25 years after Jim died

My son was born the day Jim died

Jim died at 27 years old

I was 27 years old when my son was born

My son's IQ is 131 (at 5 y/o; he's now 8)

Jim's IQ was said to be high...149

My son is rebellious - a non conformist, dislikes (yet respects) authority, and he is very "deep" and emotionally charged for a young kid his age.

My son is heavily into things having to do with mysticism (wizards, dragons, myth, etc); also, he wants & has things for his room like dream catchers, arrow heads, spears, feathers, and lately he has been talking about "becoming an Indian".

(Sound familiar?) ::

Like I said, they are just mere coincidences...but creepy nonetheless!

:: That's it! I'm cashing in! :: Nah...they're just bizarre similarities. I have the presence of mind to know that!

But imagine if I was insane and actually believed this stuff was some sign of...I don't know...return of the Lizard King? =:P

*Twighlight Zone theme plays*

There are crazy people out there who'd be on Jenny Jones, Jerry Springer, and soon enough, an episode of South Park (or should I say an episode of "Trailer Park" - where these loonies usually come from?), and the butt of a Jeff Foxworthy joke! :laughing:

Cat~

WOW! I'm intrueged. Your son sounds like an "old soul". I think you can always tell when a child is going to be a "healer" in their adult life. Even at a very young age, they display all or most of the characteristics of spirituality and intuition.

My youngest brother, Ramsey, who is 4 years old now (yes there is a 21 year gap between us ::) has always been very "in tune" with his surroundings and people he comes in contact with...even when he was an infant. Just recently he met our grandmother and my mom's sisters for the first time. My aunt, Gina, who tends to be on the un-happy side of dispositions from what I hear, asked him for a hug. He starts hugging her but it wasn't just a hug, he held her SO tight and his eyes started to get all misty. :puppyeyes: He just did that for like 10 minutes. It was as if he KNEW she needed some unconditional healing love. It was really neat. :)

All I have to say about that is this.

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. A dimension of sight, sound, and of mind. You are taking a journey to a woundrous place of both things and ideas, you've just crossed over into...The Twilight Zone.

yeah I memorized the theme song. I'm a loser. :coolio:

Oh, and this other coincidence that I forgot to mention: my son's original due date was on the 8th day of the month; Jim was born on the 8th day...just in another month (December). Yikes! :: LMAO! ::

My very cool and very spritual dad half jokingly said, "Not everything is merely a coincidence you know." Then he went into this whole soul energy transfer thing (yeah, all the way from Paris). At first I thought my dad was messing with me; either that or he dropped way too much acid at Woodstock and he was having flashbacks! =:P

What my dad said was very interesting, and he truly believes in stuff like that. To some degree I believe too, but in this case it is highly unlikely...and even further far fetched!

Here's some weird Jim stuff right here (as I posted in the "Death's" forum, but I figured it fit better here)

As far as Jim Morrison's death goes, no one was never really sure of what caused it, the reason on his birth certificate sais 'heart attack' which many attribute to a heroin overdose, though Morrison never cared for heroin, mainly because he was terrified of needles, and the only person to actually see him 'dead' was his girlfriend, when all of the Doors came to France to see his body, he was already in a sealed coffin, and the doctor that his girlfriend had grabbed to confirm his death, the one that signed the death certificate, was never tracked down.

Two things.

First, a good two billion people believe in reincarnation on this planet, probably more. They don't all live in trailer parks. Many of those people look for signs just like the ones you've described to determine who the soul of a person was in a former life. Again, these are perfectly sane people, not characters from a cartoon show.

Second, many people believe that Jim Morrison did in fact survive his "death" and that he lived in South America for several years afterward. He had talked about leaving the life of celebrity behind him, and it would not be too far-fetched to imagine someone of his financial means and spiritual inclinations faking his death in order to "escape." Not to say that it happened, but it's not inconceivable.

Just my $.02.

People on Jenny Jones and Jerry Springer are the loonies from the trailer parks...the rest of us go on Oprah! ::

Determining a soul in another life...oh boy. Jim yes, as he was a briiliant, beautiful and talented person; but his self destructive behaviors and habits?...dear God -- no. ::

Like I said, to some degree I do believe in reincarnation, energy transfer, etc., and my own dad very much believes in it; therefore I can't and won't knock it. I just do not believe it applies to me with these particular coinciding events, dates, or ages...it would be insane of me to think it's more.

On 6/28 I held my dad's 56th birthday party at my aunt's house, a two family home in which the 1st floor was occupied by my grandfather for 58 years -- until he died on 7/18/2003. During the party a gray dove perched itself on the neighbor's roof and looked down at us for 15 minutes; my husband has it on film. I thought of my grandfather immediately; all of us there did, and it was a beautiful feeling we got. If you knew only knew my grandfather...he was a beautiful, peaceful person - so the dove make sense.

Do I think Jim Morrison is dead?: yes I do. Sure he may have wanted to fake his own death and escape the prison his fame put him in (he ultimately wanted to be a film maker), but I don't believe he ever got that far.

The man (at such a young age - my God) was very ill with progressively worsening severe asthma problems, an injured lung from a fall off a balcony in Paris; he chain smoked; he had a 5th a day drinking habit, and he had ulcers that likely bled from consumption of so much alcohol. One would think, at 27 years old, that his body would be strong enough to fight back, but his mental state was poor -- he was said to be extremely depressed.

On the night Jim died, he is said to have been vomiting alarming amounts of blood, which he had started doing some months before his death, but he never had it looked into medically. (My aunt's fiance - she found him dead in February after he'd been feeling sick for a couple of weeks with what he thought was a flu he couldn't shake. He got up in the mid of night, felt dizzy & sick, vomited, said he was fine and went back to sleep. The next morning she found him dead - blood coming out of his nose. Autopsy revealed an embolism).

There is no real proof that Jim is dead, but it seems, as Ray Manzarek pointed out, that Jim would have surfaced when his parents tried to gain control of something financially to do with Jim...not sure - I forget. His estate maybe? Jim hated his parents and wanted them to have nothing! He listed them as dead in a bio...no love lost there.

Also, I do not think, to be with Jim, that Pamela Courson faked her death. The woman was a junkie from the word "go". She, just as Jim, did herself in...it just took longer.

Can anyone say for sure now, over 30 years later, that Jim is dead? Nope - not for certain how he died, though heart failure is listed (a blood clot may have backed up through the stomach part of his aorta), but I truly believe he is gone.

Can anyone prove beyond the same rumors surrounding Elvis that Jim is still alive? Nope - but truth is stranger than fiction.

Jim's financial means: less than $300,000 was his worth when he died! By today's standards that amount could be the yearly income in an upper class household.

No dead musician has received more post mortem iconization than Jim Morrison (maybe Elvis but for different reasons), and it probably isn't something people even think about. It is a phenomenon that no one tries to figure out...it's just there -- no explanation required.

For over 30 years this man's name has been brought up and his life and death discussed like it all happened yesterday. People who weren't even old enough to know about Jim until years later (like me, as I was 2 years old when he died)...it's like they cannot believe he is dead; people still find it freshly tragic; people speak of his death with such a sense of shock!

The Doors' music never sounds dated, so people aren't turned off by it, and it is played like it just came out last month.

People hear Jim as he was, see him as he looked -- think of him as still here somehow.

People go on about Janis and Jimi, but mostly it pertains to their music...not their words, personas, spirituality, sexuality...whatever else it was about Jim that has caused people to keep his legacy alive.

It's funny, because he did say people wouldn't forget him, and I quote, "I see myself as a huge fiery comet, a shooting star. Everyone stops, points up and gasps, "Oh look at that!" Then - whoosh, and I'm gone...and they'll never see anything like it ever again...and they won't be able to forget me - ever." How prophetic!

FTS16_L.jpg

...Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain died at the age of 27...

27? So was Brian Jones....and - for the freaks - that was also the age that Paul McCartney supposedly died at in the "Paul Is Dead" 'mystery'. Methinks we're onto something... [...or maybe just ON something!... ::]

...Spoooooooky!

========================================

And when the cupboard's bare, I'll still find something there...

Another one.

Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain died at the age of 27.

Oh yeh so did Randy Rhodes but thats not really the same.

Actually, Randy Rhoads was only 25 when he died (b. 12/6/56, d. 3/19/82). And, IMO, it was more tragic than the others, because the others were much more predictable, especially Cobain.

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

27? So was Brian Jones....and - for the freaks - that was also the age that Paul McCartney supposedly died at in the "Paul Is Dead" 'mystery'. Methinks we're onto something... [...or maybe just ON something!... ::]

...Spoooooooky!

I'm 27!! :puppyeyes:

Actually, Randy Rhoads was only 25 when he died (b. 12/6/56, d. 3/19/82). And, IMO, it was more tragic than the others, because the others were much more predictable, especially Cobain.

Kurt swore that he didn't have a gun. It just goes to show, you can never trust a rock star to tell the truth.

I'm 27!!

27, you say? [You don't look it from your pic! ;) OK...Just stay indoors and lock doors and windows. Don't take any illegal substances and ...swear that you don't have a gun.

And you'll be fine!

===================================

There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be...

27, you say? [You don't look it from your pic! ;) OK...Just stay indoors and lock doors and windows. Don't take any illegal substances and ...swear that you don't have a gun.

And you'll be fine!

Pictures can be deceptive (my ears aren't nearly that pointy either! ::)

And I swear that I don't have a gun, no I don't have a gun. Really.

Pictures can be deceptive (my ears aren't nearly that pointy either!

And I swear that I don't have a gun, no I don't have a gun. Really.

About the ears? I thought they looked pretty cute! ;)

About the gun? - You know, - whatever. :blah:

About being 27? - More spooky weirdness - I ALSO have been 27! :sleepy:

Jim, Jimi, Janis, Keith, Elvis, Randy, Kurt...in death they've become known by just their first names.

John...well, not so much, because people will ask, "John who?"

"Yes, John was from The Who, but wrong John; I was actually referring to Lennon and Bonham."

When Jimmy Page and Keith Richards go, it's really gonna screw up dead rock star discussions! =:P