The Who

lonelyday

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

You should listen to EVERYTHING :rockon:

Tommy is definitely my favourite album, closely followed by Odds&Sods. Several albums are fighting for #3.

As for songs... it's a tie between How Many Friends and Naked Eye, and some other favourites are Bargain, Go To The Mirror, Melancholia, Water, Trick of the Light and all the rest...

Which albums do you have? Which songs do you know?

Which albums do you have? Which songs do you know?

I have Tommy which I love, and Endless Wire which i'm not very keen on. I also have(where have= took from my parents) My Generation: The Very Best of The Who.

As far as songs...i know what's on those, as well as a few random others that are likely to be played on the radio.

Yes well, Endless Wire... I'd rather forget it exists. :P Black Widow's Eyes, It's Not Enough and Endless Wire (the song) aren't that bad, but that's about as enthusiastic as I get about them...

I'd say go with Who's Next now, which is the obvious choice, or maybe Quadrophenia... just stay away from the later stuff for now... personally I love By Numbers, but that one might not be as accessible.

And studio albums aside, I think the The Kids Are Alright soundtrack is quite a good mix of songs, it's the first album of theirs I ever listened to and it left me quite impressed (understatement).

Yes well, Endless Wire... I'd rather forget it exists.

ugh, i'm glad to hear that from a who fan...coz i listened to it once and sat there wondering whether it was actually supposed to be good. Then after a couple of weeks i decided that i really should give it another go...and don't think i've listened to it since...

Hmmm so i'll get Who's Next then...only problem is i'm not supposed to be buying CDs :D

Same here :grin: I listened to it once or twice, then again a few weeks later, forgot about it for a few months, then decided to give it another go... and ended up skipping all the songs on it. :P

By the way... if you don't want to/can't/whatever buy CDs but really want certain songs (or even albums), I'd be glad to help. :)

(this goes for everyone here of course)

• 2 years later...

Personally, I think that it's a tie between Who's Next and The Who Sell Out.

Who's Next is basically one long "rock and roll is great bombast" recording, Sell Out was one of the very first "concept albums."

Sell Out features some really great songs, like Armenia, City In the Sky (featuring Townshend's backwards recorded guitar solo.) Other greats are I Can See For Miles, Rael and Mary-Anne With the Shaky Hands, plus the hilarious entries of Odorono and Tattoo.

The CD re-release features extras not found on the original recording as well as a handy pamphlet explaining the 1960s days of swinging London and pirate radio.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...