The Songfactors' Choice: GIRLS GONE WILD!

Lucky

Linda Ronstadt has one of the best voices in the history of music. Her range is incredible and her voice is always sweet and clear. She has a power in her voice that you don't hear in alot of singers of any genre . She can sing anything from folk to rock and own it.

She has one of those voices that can either send chills down your spine or bring tears to your eyes.

Just an example:

Blue Bayou -1977

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heart Of Glass is definately every guys dream of Debbie Harry at her hottest as well. She is so sensual in that video and her voice is amazing! :thumbsup:

I remember! Just when you thought Debbie Harry couldn't possibly be more attractive, she had a drastic cut and re-style and....WOW! (swoon).

It's all flooding back now.

A bit about my nomination...

Janis took hold of the rock and roll world with a strong embrace and held tight until she died. She was ballsy with a voice that took you into her soul. Her short time in the music world was a powerful one. With all her in your face presence on stage and sassiness, she still had a childlike sweetness about her that made you love her even more.

May I add to this SJ? :P

I heard Cry Baby on the radio today....Just an amazing song that shows everything you described about her....as in all her songs, but this one I really, really love...

Cry Baby ~ Janis Joplin

Interview With Dick Cavett

OK, check out the compiled results in tidy blog format:

http://www.songfacts.com/writing/2008/03/women-gone-wild.html

This gives us a handy link to promote Songfactor's Choice on the homepage, in the newsletter and on other sites. Great selections and commentary.

:)

I noticed this morning that I had managed to confuse the nomination of Linda Ronstadt but didn't have time to point it out until I got home tonight. It was Shawna's nomination she had reserved early on in the thread. I hadn't noticed and also nominated her. After I did notice I had changed my nom to Cher. Then me being me I forgot again and posted:

Linda Ronstadt has one of the best voices in the history of music. Her range is incredible and her voice is always sweet and clear. She has a power in her voice that you don't hear in alot of singers of any genre . She can sing anything from folk to rock and own it.

She has one of those voices that can either send chills down your spine or bring tears to your eyes.

Just an example:

Blue Bayou -1977

which obviously confused Carl because he posted my misleading comment on the main site and attributed it to Shawna. Shawna posted some great stuff when she nominated Linda and I hope this won't be a total pain for Carl to fix. You will all see what I mean after you view the main site.

Carl and Shawna I am truly sorry I caused all this confusion but I seem to be doing a lot of that kinda thing lately. :crazy: I'm sure you all remember the tomato incident :smirk:

Lest anyone should not remember my noms, here's a little kick for you...

Linda's soaring soprano in one of her most beautiful songs.. She went from country to pop, was one of the first females touring when she began with only Maria Muldaur and Emmylou Harrison also touring.

Linda Ronstadt cleared the path for people like Stevie Nicks to do her thing, and she should be recognized for it.

:doh: Actually, Lea, it appears that we all messed up a bit. No problem, I'll make sure that Carl knows to fix it nicely for you both. Shawna, please forgive us the mixup! :puppyeyes:

Sorry I put you through that :crazy: and the video Shawna had chosen is actually my favorite song of Linda's :D she may prefer that one as well.

I do have a question tho now that this problem has been fixed. When I go to the main page the words on the right overlap the info for the nominations. Is it just my comp viewing it that way? It was like that this morning when I first looked at it as well. Just thought I should mention it but maybe it's just my comp?

Lea, Lucky, Carl, faculty members, board members, members of the esteemed academy: no worries about anything. As you all know by now, it takes a whole lot more than a mere snafu to tweak my butt. ;)

The important thing is that the entry looks good on the site. And the other important thing is that I get a percentage of all the sales of Linda's CDs for the rest of eternity.