The Songfactors' Choice: GIRLS GONE WILD!

Lucky

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and now for what you all been waiting for:

The Songfactors' Choice: GIRLS GONE WILD!

20050529_janis.jpg

Janis Joplin

Heart-band-lm02.jpg

Ann & Nancy Wilson

franklin_pf.gif

Aretha Franklin

ronstadtyk5.jpg

Linda Ronstadt

debbieharry144724ajl4.jpg

Debbie Harry

:guitar:

Additional Note:

From now on the results from The Songfactors' Choice will get posted in a blog entry on the SF mainpage. :) For that purpose we'd like to ask the nominators of our five wild girls to write a couple of lines about how and why these ladies rock hard and are deservedly featured in our list.

(of course you will be given credits for that ;) )

:thumbsup:

:headphones:

Does my original nomination work for the brief description we need? Use any part of it.

The Wilson Sisters (Heart)- Oh the feeling these ladies brought out in a young teen's jeans...and soul. Ann and Nancy Wilson started out of the Seattle area and headed for stardom. These girls proved that hard rock wasn't just a boys club. Their combination of hard rock tunes packaged in the shell of two hot sisters was a smash. Their album Dreamboat Annie launched them into the upper level of touring rock bands. That album brought us the rock classics Magic Man and Crazy on You. Led Zep was their main influence.

A bit about my nomination...

Janis took hold of the rock and roll world with a strong embrace and held tight until she died. She was ballsy with a voice that took you into her soul. Her short time in the music world was a powerful one. With all her in your face presence on stage and sassiness, she still had a childlike sweetness about her that made you love her even more.

Aretha Franklin

Franklin isn't nicknamed the Queen of Soul for nothing. Be it soul, R&B, gospel or jazz, Aretha was at home. As a singer, songwriter, and pianist, she reached down into her own soul, and spoke to every man on behalf of every woman. Women felt strong and proud of who they were through Franklin's music. Men could only dream that a woman would react with such depth of emotion toward them. Year after year, song after song, performance after performance, she proclaimed herself the Queen, and we love her for it.

Great choices guys. After Aretha got cranky because Beyonce called Tina Turner "The Queen" at the Grammys, I was a little down on her, but I was listening to Sirius Soultown today and heard "Something He Can Feel" and "The House That Jack Built," and remembered just how legit she is.

Anyway, for the 5 choices, if there are youtube links for the artists that you think would work well in the blog format, please let us know.

From the choices that youtube has available, I particularly like this clip:

Baby I Love You

The song is sexy, shows off her terrific voice, the way she lowers the timbre, and just reaches in and grabs you. I defy you to listen to this and not dance in your chair. It's also a nice clip because visually it shows the different faces of Aretha through the years, as well as many album covers.

From the choices that youtube has available, I particularly like this clip:

Baby I Love You

The song is sexy, shows off her terrific voice, the way she lowers the timbre, and just reaches in and grabs you. I defy you to listen to this and not dance in your chair. It's also a nice clip because visually it shows the different faces of Aretha through the years, as well as many album covers.

Outstanding Lucky!!