The Songfactors' Choice: GIRLS GONE WILD!

Lucky

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cher

From Wikipedia:

Cher (born Cherilyn Sarkisian on May 20, 1946, later adopted by Gilbert LaPierre. [1]) is an American singer, actress, songwriter, author and entertainer. Among her many accomplishments in music, television and film, she has won an Academy Award, a Grammy Award, an Emmy Award, a Cannes Film Award, three Golden Globe Awards, and several Billboard Music Awards, among others.

Cher first rose to prominence in 1965 as one half of the pop/rock duo Sonny & Cher. She also established herself as a solo recording artist, releasing 25 albums, contributing to numerous compilations, and tallying 34 Billboard Top 40 entries over her career, both solo and with Sonny. These include eighteen Top 10 singles and five number one singles (four solo). Cher has had 16 top ten hits in the UK between 1965 and 2003, four of which reached number one (two solo, one with Sonny, one as part of a charity single).

She became a television star in the 1970s and a film actress in the 1980s. In 1987, she won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role in the romantic comedy Moonstruck.

In a career surpassing 40 years, Cher has been described as an enduring pop icon[2] and one of the most popular female artists in music history.[3] Since her debut in 1964, Cher has sold as a solo artist over 100 million records worldwide and with duo Sonny and Cher over 80 million records becoming one of the biggest-selling artists of all time.[4][5]

Not only does Cher do it well she does it all so well. She is a great performer and her acting is not something she just played at like so many other singers. I have enjoyed just about every movie I have ever seen her in.

She has always been a very beautiful woman and still is to this day. The originator of the outrageous costume. Always a bit of an exhibitionist but she always had class.

Click Me

Cher2.jpg

Click Me

cher.jpg

I just had to have the last word :grin:

Nominations

Ann & Nancy Wilson

Annie Lennox

Aretha Franklin

Bif Naked

Billie Holiday

Björk