Classical Music Thread

Foolonthehill

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont listen to it myself but if someone in the house plays it I would listen to it. But I really suck at names of those compositions..

Classical music can be very relaxing or interesting from time to time. Once in a while I even go to a classical concert cause my brother plays the saxophone in an orchestra :)

I like Albinoni. I have a cd compiling "Adagio in G Minor" as well as some stuff he wrote for the oboe (has some pipe organ thrown in there for good measure). I was also gonna say Erik Satie. Nuttin' beats his minimal compositions. It sits in stark contrast to Baroque (Bach, Vivaldi). I dislike Baroque. I like melodramatic, but I also don't like something that overflows with orchestration.

"Adagio In G Minor" :beatnik:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7N5HNMR9elM

Edit: This version is played quicker, so it loses its effect, but by the same token it's shorter and more tolerable for those with lesser attention spans.

Edited by Guest

In the early seventies, every young music lover had, among their CS&Y, Stones, Led Zepp, Floyd or Airplane Lps, two classic albums: "Adagio" (Albinoni) and "The Four Seasons" (Vivaldi) :grin:

My parents listened to classic music but I never get to like it very much.

Still I love Tchaikovsky, Brahms and Dvorak.