Drugs

Tony Baloni

I saw an interesting BBC documentary about a new ranking system of the 20 most dangerous drugs

and fortunately found an article about it:

Scientists want new drug rankings

42718419drugsgraph2416es9.gif

[smaller]GLOSSARY

Benzodiazepines: Wide-ranging class of prescription tranquilisers

Buprenorphine: Opioid drug used in treatment of opiate addiction

4-MTA: Amphetamine derivative sold as 'flatliners' and ecstasy

Methylphenidate: Amphetamine-like drug used to treat ADHD

Alkyl nitrites: Stimulant often called amyl nitrites or 'poppers'[/smaller]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, that´s very interesting, Martin... Thank you... :)

I would put poppers on top of the list... :P

And what´s "street methadone"? If it´s what I believe, it is just as dangerous as any drug you buy to some unknown person, on the street or anywhere... well, I never took methadone, I must say... :P

I see they don´t even consider mescaline, psylocibine or mushrooms in general as drugs... funny... :cool: The first list I read about drugs -back in the seventies A.C. - had even nutmeg listed...

Edited by Guest

according to wikipedia Crystal Meth is a Methylamphetamine (see Amphetamine), not Methadone...

maybe the "Street" could refer to the fact that Methadone can also be used under medical attendance?

Edited by Guest

Methadone is synthetic heroin. It is used to help junkies get off of heroin as well as for pain management for terminal cancer patients. It is abused because it is basically the same as heroin in it's effect. Anna Nicole Smith was the most recent, famous person i can think of that died abusing it.

Methadone doesn´t cause no high at all, it´s just good to soothe the "monkey" (abstinence syndrome for heroin addicts)

The point is that junkies take the methadone that hospitals give them to soothe the pain and withdrawal thing, and then they go out and buy anything to get stoned.

I guess the methadone from the street must be some crap they buy when they already took their regular methadone...

Methadone doesn´t cause no high at all, it´s just good to soothe the "monkey" (abstinence syndrome for heroin addicts)

The point is that junkies take the methadone that hospitals give them to soothe the pain and withdrawal thing, and then they go out and buy anything to get stoned.

I guess the methadone from the street must be some crap they buy when they already took their regular methadone...

Actually Methadone is used in todays world for pain management that has nothing to do with Heroin addiction. I dispense it at work everyday, to sweet little old ladies, and houswives, that have never been addicted to anything. Street Methadone refers to that which is obtained without the rx that makes it legal.

It's amazing to me the people that use some of these super strong pain killers and other Schedule II narcotics. Everyone from small children ( most especially Methylphenidate, ie Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta) to the very elderly (Oxycodone, which encompasses Oxycontin, Percocet and Morphine). Nowadays there are many many forms of all these (immediate release, controlled release, etc) and almost all are available generically, which makes them very inexpensive (the manufacturers of gx oxcontin have just removed it from the market, thankfully). I hear statistics like this at work everyday. The newest one last week: Vicodin is the most prescribed drug in the US. That means more than HTN medication, more than Diabetic medication, more than Heart medication. That is somehow very scary. That's what has contributed to it's very high abuse rate. Also the easy availability of all the prescription drugs has caused a very real abuse problem. It's no longer necessary to purchase street drugs.... many are very available right in the home medicine cabinet. :(

No, no, no, my pets are not in rehab... :doh:

And I don´t know what Jesus would say... he wouldn´t care... he never was to Romania so he didn´t know what a martsishor is... :P

We´re off-topic anyways because a martsishor is a romanian small badge to celebrate Spring... nothing to do with drgs...

One of my friends here is from Romania, and he told me about that day last week, I think, and that girls (and women?) get little pendants or something on that day... is that the same thing as yours, edna?

Yes... :) My family is from Russian origin but the place where my grandmother was from belongs to Romania now...

Lucky, thanks for your informative post... :bow:

Kevin, Sartre never said that about pets... in fact, he didn´t like pets... he only liked himself... :shades:

I saw an interesting BBC documentary about a new ranking system of the 20 most dangerous drugs

and fortunately found an article about it:

Scientists want new drug rankings

42718419drugsgraph2416es9.gif

[smaller]GLOSSARY

Benzodiazepines: Wide-ranging class of prescription tranquilisers

Buprenorphine: Opioid drug used in treatment of opiate addiction

4-MTA: Amphetamine derivative sold as 'flatliners' and ecstasy

Methylphenidate: Amphetamine-like drug used to treat ADHD

Alkyl nitrites: Stimulant often called amyl nitrites or 'poppers'[/smaller]

I don't see AIRPLANE GLUE anywhere on that list! I would rank it up near the top. That sh*t's deadly, man. :thumbsdown:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: =:P