Tom Petty and the half-time show

Mike

So, what do you think?

I've had some people telling me he looked old and slow.

I think, sure, he's older...aren't we all? But I thought he did pretty well. Good set, the top hits of his. He was always a little stiff and stoic as a performer.

But don't you think he looked really nervous though at the very beginning, by the time he got to Runnin' down a dream he seemed to loosen up.

There was a tape delay, so that may explain why it seemed out-of-sync. I guess they were worried that there'd be a wardrobe malfunction and we'd be subjected to some man boobs. I thought they sounded great, but yeah, I though that they kind of stayed back and didn't really play to the audience.

It was a great kickazz show! Sure he's older, who isn't, but they still rocked the joint. I saw him a few years back and for 2 1/2 hours you rock out with Tom and the band. Only thing that got to me was the beard, a bit creepy, but sounded damn good!!

Tom may not have had a joint or two since this was on TV!! :D

Edited by Guest

Awww, that sux... then I gotta drink alone... Lucky left after making her beer run so I'm still alone. :frown:

I came back! :D

Ok, besides the halftime show (again, I thought it was great), I really am a sap, but I thought the National Anthem was awe inspiring. Jordan Sparks sang that song with such power and dignity it was amazing. Almost up there with Whitney Houston's performance. It literally brought tears to my eyes.

I know, I'm a sap. ;)

I loved it!...the light show and the stage was pretty cool too!

of course you did, Laurie - it was very salami-ish (<---read: phallic) :grin:

and Lucky, I agree... I thought Jordin Sparks' version was one of the best I've heard.

Edited by Guest
Lucky's post sparked a Jordin comment.