Suggestions for blurbs...

Shawna

Hey everyone -

For a little project that I presented to Carl, and which he likes the idea for, I will need your help! :puppyeyes:

What I'm looking for are little quotables, small blurbs culled from our very own songfacts. They should be quotes that the artist has given (whether directed to us or if they're just quoted in our article matters not), and then the name of the artist who said the quote. We are NOT looking for quotes of lyrics.

Keep them short...

For example: "I do not want to be associated with this song ever.' It's a lame, stupid song." ~ Larry Burnett in the Songfact for "Even Steven"

Thanks for helping out!

"It's about the repeated failure to start your life anew and how difficult it can be to get rid off old ways of thinking, and destructive ideas we become so attached to."

Anthony Kiedis, RHCP - Snow (Hey Oh)

"That song's almost a little too obvious for me."

Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam - Corduroy

"This is about being friends with an a**hole" (while pointing at himself)

Eddie Vedder, Pearl Jam - Off He Goes

"I think songwriters are all junk collectors at heart: We take other people's problems and try to make something beautiful out of them."

Jack White, The White Stripes - Rag And Bone

"I thought 'Devils Haircut' was a really bad lyric. If I can't finish a song, I'll just put in something temporary."

Beck - Devil's Haircut

"I'm not sure what a Beetlebum is. It's just a word I sang when I played the song to myself."

Damon Albarn, Blur - Beetlebum

"The meaning of that song was taken away from me by the media who jumped on it. And how do you tell your Mrs. it's not about her once she's read it is?"

Noel Gallagher, Oasis - Wonderwall

and it fits too... "Rag and bone man" is a British term for a guy who goes door to door collecting junk. :)

"We knew people wouldn't get it; they'd take it too seriously. It was totally satirical, making fun of ourselves."

Kurt Cobain, Nirvana - I Hate Myself and I Want to Die

"There's the beautiful people and then there's the rest of us."

Thom Yorke, Radiohead - Creep

"The best lyrics I've ever written."

Elvis Costello - Shipbuilding

Here's a quote from Johnny Townsend, when he wrote back to me about the background of the song Smoke From A Distant Fire....I really liked what he said on the end of the letter...

"I think many of the great melodies are universal melodies that exist out in the cosmos somewhere and certain people have the knack of reaching out with their minds, hearts or spirits to bring them back to us." ~ Johnny Townsend

And this one I put in the quote suggestion thread, so I might as well add it here...

"I really think that everybody goes through life looking for love in all the wrong places ? in human beings. Unconditional love is impossible to get from a human being, but it's not impossible to get from music." ~ Joss Stone